Halloween 2018 Trailer

Halloween Jamie Lee Curtis

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

Once again, a new Halloween is coming our way. Thankfully it is ignoring the two train wrecks put out by Rob Zombie. It also looks like it is pretending that none of the other Halloween movies save the original happened. I can understand that (it is basically what H:20 did except that one included the second movie) but that does make me ask some questions. Laurie has been preparing for Michael's return since, well, the first movie. Why, though? This movie seems to be erasing the family connection between the two and going for the "wrong place, wrong time" angle so why would Laurie believe that she was going to a target if Michael ever escaped.

That aside, the trailer looks good. I am cautiously optimistic that this will be a good entry into the series.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

I actually liked the sequel.  I thought it was pretty well done, and it did look like it happened on the same night as the original, even if it was really made about three years later.  I even get the ramped up body count since they had money from the success of the original and well, I probably would have indulged myself too.

In my canon the first two happened.  Also H20 because I liked that one.  I didn't like the one where Laurie was killed off, so I won't cry about that.  It's cool that Jamie Lee doesn't mind being a scream queen and actually embraces it.  It's her family legacy, after all. :lol:
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostMary Rose, on 01 July 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I actually liked the sequel.  I thought it was pretty well done, and it did look like it happened on the same night as the original, even if it was really made about three years later.  I even get the ramped up body count since they had money from the success of the original and well, I probably would have indulged myself too.

In my canon the first two happened.  Also H20 because I liked that one.  I didn't like the one where Laurie was killed off, so I won't cry about that.  It's cool that Jamie Lee doesn't mind being a scream queen and actually embraces it.  It's her family legacy, after all. :lol:

I liked Halloween II as well. Like you said, they did a good job of making the sequel seem like it was set during the same night, instead of years later. Watching the first two Halloweens back to back makes for a fun movie experience. I wish this new one would acknowledge the sequel.

H:20 is a favorite of mine as well. I thought it was well done with some good suspense and a nice final fight between Michael and Laurie.

Yeah, the less said about Halloween: Homecoming the better.

I like Halloween 4. It brought Michael back and set the story in a new direction since Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't coming back. The sequels went off the rails with the Cult of Thorn and all the conspiracy nonsense, though.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,309 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

There are so many paths to take in the franchise that fans can pretty much pick and choose what they want for their personal canon.  Because Donald Pleasance is just as integral to the franchise as Jamie Lee.  I mean. my canon is still the first two plus H20 but I've got nothing against the ones with Sam Loomis in them.  I do wonder what they were thinking when Halloween 3 was made but maybe they had just done too many drugs at that point. :lol:

Edited by Mary Rose, 06 July 2018 - 05:26 PM.

Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

^^  You mean Season of the Witch?  At that time they were planning to make a different movie every year under the Halloween banner, like an annual anthology, rather than make more and more sequels to the masked killer story.  But money talked and they listened.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,309 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, that's the one.  Oh, I didn't know that.  Knowing that puts a different spin on things.  I would have listened to the money too. :lol:
Posted Image

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

I enjoyed Season of the Witch.  I certainly understand the appeal of a profitable franchise, but I kind of liked the idea of an annual Halloween-themed movie as well. It's too bad they couldn't have done both.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

^I also liked Season of the Witch. Like you, the idea of an annual Halloween themed movie series sounds great to me. Dark Castle Entertainment did something similar in the early 2000s, when they released horror movies on a more or less yearly basis around October. I believe some of the movies were Bats, 13 Ghosts, Ghost Ship, What Lies Beneath, and Gothika.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#9 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

I like pretty much all of the Halloween movies.  (1, 4, 5/2, h20 in that order).  The deal with Season of the Witch also was that, John Carpenter didn't want to make a third one (he thought the series needed a breather, then come back).  He lent his name to the project as the movie houses wouldn't green light it otherwise (money talks! :D )

Speaking of money, let us pause for a word from our sponsors.

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

:wacko:

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

I had forgotten that Family Guy did a joke about the Silver Shamrock commercial.

This thread is making me want to watch Halloween III again. I haven't seen it in years.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

I saw it in the theater and I think I rented it on VHS once back in the 80s, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it since then.

#13 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

I had forgotten that Family Guy did a joke about the Silver Shamrock commercial. This thread is making me want to watch Halloween III again. I haven't seen it in years.

You should!  :hehe:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 05 August 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I saw it in the theater and I think I rented it on VHS once back in the 80s, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it since then.

Two Halloween's ago, I watched Halloween 3 and wanted to watch one of the other ones that aired right behind it on AMC [here in the U.S.]. I kept falling asleep and waking up during Halloween 3 (it aired like 3 or 4 times one night flip flopping with the other Halloween movie).  Since I was hearing it while I slept too, the next day I had that jingle in my head all freakin' day (and somewhat the rest of the week).  (One reason why I think both of you should watch it again. :hehe:)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

It would probably be a nice nostalgic treat for me at this point.

#15 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostFnlPrblm, on 17 August 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

I had forgotten that Family Guy did a joke about the Silver Shamrock commercial. This thread is making me want to watch Halloween III again. I haven't seen it in years.

You should!  :hehe:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 05 August 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Two Halloween's ago, I watched Halloween 3 and wanted to watch one of the other ones that aired right behind it on AMC [here in the U.S.]. I kept falling asleep and waking up during Halloween 3 (it aired like 3 or 4 times one night flip flopping with the other Halloween movie).  Since I was hearing it while I slept too, the next day I had that jingle in my head all freakin' day (and somewhat the rest of the week).  (One reason why I think both of you should watch it again. :hehe:)

I think I'll wait until October to watch it. I watched the original Halloween last Halloween so I might watch Halloween II and III this Halloween.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,422 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, Halloween III is probably a good idea for my Halloween Marathon this year. The DVD is only nine bucks.

#17 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

I've seen a few reviews for the new Halloween movie and they say the movie is good. It is respectful of the original and a worthy sequel.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halloween, Jamie Lee Curtis

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users