Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

A Profound Thinkification Regarding Extratesticular Life!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

It's not often my brain bumps into thinks of a profound nature, but this little nugget popped into my head a few days ago whilst pondering the woofs and wubbers of taxonomy:

Human Thought has taxonomy. This has long been known. An idea's development is contingent upon the existing state of the idea itself, just as with living organisms. There are no leaps, no out-of-the-blue revelations, no wholly new thinks to be thunk. It's all contingent upon what's already there.

It dawned on me last night, whilst muddling this through my poser-meat, that it is impossible for us Humans to conceive, in any way, shape, or form, what extra-testicular life may be like, because being extra-testicular inevitably means a taxonomy not our own.

Consider this: there is only one taxonomy on this planet. Why? Because all life on this planet is related, and sprungded from one single source. Ergo- one taxonomy to rule them all, and bind them, and all that.

Our taxonomy is so pervasive that it includes our brains, our thoughts, and above all, what we think and what we're able to think. Ideas themselves are governed by the laws of taxonomy, and in our case this means our particular taxonomy.

This is true at the genetic, molecular, atomic, and sub-atomic levels. Our brains are the product of our biology, and our biology is governed by a single set of rules of taxonomy. In other words, we are hard-wired to think as we do, which makes us unable to think otherwise.

I can't overstate how profound a revelation this is, that we're locked into our own existence in ways that preclude us from comprehending "other than".
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

Unless the extracurricular are brought by storks, too. And a tax on a me doesn't exist. There are and have been taxes on income, tea, property, sales of goods, There are taxes on wages, and the wages of sin is death. There's even a syntax and a death tax. But no tax on a me.

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

Bwa-ha-ha-ha . . .

You're forgetting the infamous "head tax". That would be a tax on a me. :)

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

The radio told me yesterday that most living creatures have one billion heart beats. They then die.
Not so for humans or crocodiles.
There is some evidence that we do have a chance to think out of the box.

Autism is one, other augmentations to our brain's physicality.
LSD is good too.
Also the realization of what makes us tick, gives us the opportunity to work on a work around.
I use to get a thrill over excessive violence on screen. That actually shocked me into asking why, then training myself to ignore it in away that I could evolve past it.

Sure most don't want to go where no human has gone before that tends to get them isolated from the rest of the herd.
We are programmed by our society and our genetics but it's a matter of hacking your own programming.
Think it, believe it, and for me, it happens.
The telekinesis still needs some work.

I don't think I'm overly special, just curious.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

We're (male homo sapiens) hard-wired to revel in gory violence. It's the murderous ape in our genes.

Modern homo saps don't like to acknowledge their heritage.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users