#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

We've got a full-length trailer for The Orville Season 2:

Sweetness.  :cool:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,509 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

December 30th?  Did I read that right?

If so, this is something to look forward to over the holidays.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, I remember reading something about it premiering between Christmas and New Year's and then moving to its regular slot in January.  Or something.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

View PostG-man, on 23 July 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

December 30th?  Did I read that right?

December 30th "after football" so mental note (six months in advance) to record like two hours of whatever is on AFTER The Orrville, to account for any darn spillover time from the game.  :p
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

That's right, after the football game. I forgot that part. I hope they re-run that episode, because I think a lot of people will miss it.

#6 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

A scene by scene analysis of the trailer is here:

Wow, good analysis.

I completely missed the subtle differences between the season one and two uniforms.  Yes, the division badges now look metallic and the shoulder boards are a bit different.

Sorry to hear that Halston Sage (Alara Kitan) has a greatly reduced role this season; evidently Sage has been filming a movie.  Hopefully her character was not completely written out and may return if there is a season three.

Edited by Jorgasnarova, 28 July 2018 - 01:00 AM.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

I never would have noticed the uniform changes.  :lol:

It's interesting that they're going back to Alara's homeworld and meeting with a lot of dignitaries, and then Alara is gone and a new Xelayan takes her place. I wonder if the government decides that having one of their people on the Orville is a good idea, but they want to have their own appointed agent there instead of just some random citizen. Maybe there will be some tension as a result of the new Xelayan needing to report her findings back to the government.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users