#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

centaur.gif

You really need to read the entire conversation HERE

A bit technical, perhaps but it really made me rethink many preconceptions about centaur anatomy -- and anatomy in general.

Most people are unthinkingly certain that they know how chickens breathe-- where the air sacs are, how the air flows, etc. -- but boy are they wrong

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,527 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

I like the idea of there being two hearts, that just makes sense, and gives the centaur that degree of redundancy it would need in order to function.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

So... a Time Lord?

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,527 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

Kinda, except that a centaur has a dual-body set-up, as opposed to the singular body of a Time Lord.

In thinking about it a bit more, I'm guessing determining which heart has stopped would be the first step before applying the defibrillation pads.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users