• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Kosmokrat

Kosmokrat
  • Islander
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostChristopher, on 31 August 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

And, come on, part of the basis of the guy's lawsuit is that his game features a blond white male and so does Discovery? Seriously? Like blond white males are in any way rare in American fiction.

Being ignorant toward something is one thing but then making semi-false statements in order to devalue someone else's claims without good reason comes across as arrogant.

Indeed there are a LOT !!! of similarities that can hardly be dismissed if you would care to inform yourself before dismissing someone's creative work so easily.

Have a look here:

https://pbs.twimg.co...Aheg7.jpg:large

Not only are several characters visually strikingly similar, but the blond and the other (Aziz) that looks like the Dr in STD are ALSO a gay couple.

But - as if all this wouldn't be enough already - the similarities don't end there!

Now no one can seriously say this is all just A LOT of coincidences.

Edited by Kosmokrat, 31 August 2018 - 09:37 AM.

Sentient life is momentary, lovely, even precious.
But in the time of the universe - our time - insignificant.
What is life, what is death? Don't you see... it's all the same.

#22 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,931 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Bad news on the Picard front.  The new show will take place in the JJ-verse.  With Kurtzman in charge, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#23 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,919 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 09 January 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Bad news on the Picard front.  The new show will take place in the JJ-verse.  With Kurtzman in charge, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  :(

No, it will take place in the Prime universe, but will acknowledge the 2387 supernova of Romulus that, according to the 2009 movie, occurred in the Prime universe and was the event that flung Nero and Spock back to 2233, thereby creating the alternate timeline in which the movies take place. This is the same Jean-Luc Picard we followed in TNG, but we're seeing what his life is like 20 years after Nemesis, which is 12 years after the destruction of Romulus.

I don't believe CBS would want to make a show set in the Kelvin Timeline, because that timeline appears in films produced by Paramount Pictures and Bad Robot, so CBS would probably have to pay royalties for the use of characters and elements from the Kelvin movies. It's more practical for CBS to make shows set in the Prime timeline. Either way, the supernova will presumably be the only element from the movies that will be referenced in the new show, because it's the only event from those movies that happened in Prime.

Edited by Christopher, 09 January 2019 - 08:22 PM.

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#24 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

You lost me at "product" . . . :(
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users