DragonCon 2018...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

I rarely post other than on my shows, but I was wondering if anyone else is going to DragonCon this year?

It's one of those really awesome years for guests... Gina Torres from FIREFLY (last one I have not met from that show), 4 people from THE EXPANSE, Catherine Tate (one of my favorite companions from DOCTOR WHO) and Pearl Mackie, several people from STAR TREK:  DISCOVERY, several from AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., and a bunch of others... and that is just people I haven't met yet over the years going to DragonCon.

Not to mention a slew of other actors/actresses that I have already met.

This is going to be a great one, and I am super excited.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

Oh, I'd love to meet Gina Torres.  :hearts:  Also Catherine Tate and Pearl Mackie, and the cast of SHIELD. Of course, I will not be able to go, as usual....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,737 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:47 PM

Meaning that he will secretly be in attendence as a special guest, rather than as his board identity (*).
(*) Were I more courageous, with no children to protect, I might be tempted to write a thinly veiled account of a certain SHIELD agent, on and off their favorite SF BBSs, titled "The Board Identity"

But you're right, Farscape: I've often re-read the group con reports from our early years, and thought that we should do one last valiant con together before it's all over.

I can't imagine what it would be like, but I suddenly realized that my movie for tonight MUST be RED.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

Yes, it's true, I'll be moderating a Trunkards forum and a special fundraiser for Spacious Skies-- and handing out advance copies of RH Factor III to especially generous donors.  :cool:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:06 AM

Oh, I wish I had the money to attend one of these cons. I would love to meet Catherine Tate, who is still my favorite DW companion.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

It has been a blast so far!  Highlights to date... met Tom Welling, THE EXPANSE cast (Shohreh Aghdalashoo [spelling is off, I am certain], Cas Anvar, Frankie Adams, Dominique Tipper), Demore Barnes, Bruce Langly, STAR TREK:  DISCOVERY cast (Jayne Brook, Mary Chieffo, Kenneth Mitchell, Jason Isaacs), Eric Edelstein (he voices Grizz on WE BARE BEARS, a really great cartoon that my nephew got me into), Dichen Lachman, and Catherine Tate, who poses great and funny pics with you.

Today, waiting to see Gina Torres, Pearl Mackie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Lou Diamond Phillips, with Evangeline Lilly arriving tomorrow.

And been to some fun panels so far, with more scheduled today and tomorrow.  I love DragonCon!!!

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

I hope you're getting lots of pictures.  :D

#8 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

Apparently, Peter Capaldi (DW, Twelfth Doctor) has been there, hanging out with fans on Friday, probably so he could give those who legit appreciate him some extra time beyond the cattle-call long lines of autographs and photos. I know from experience that he always tries to give people in line a few extra minutes, because he's generous, but those lines still aren't the most satisfactory experience. (At San Francisco Comic Con, I got to talk with him a little in the autograph line and show him a drawing, but entirely screwed up my photo op due to anxiety. Would love a chance to talk to him without the time pressure of a line.)

A fan called "tinywonder" created a wonderful, big Twelfth Doctor puppet, and Capaldi was having fun playing with it yesterday, making it talk with his voice, and having it sign an autograph with his help. There's a thoroughly adorable video of it online.

Cool that Pearl Mackie and some "Expanse" people are also there. I wish I could've been there, but have never been to DragonCon.
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#9 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

I am SO jealous that you met Tom Welling and Catherine Tate. I really need to save up and go to one of these conventions.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users