2 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:57 PM

http://www.chron.com...l/page1/2128132

Novak is, of course, the 'journalist' who blew Prame's cover.

In 1992, Rove was fired as a consultant for the Bush-Quayle Texas campaign, after officials suspected that he was the source for a column by Novak and Roland Evans that portrayed the Texas presidential operation as in disarray. Rove was accused of making up the story because of a feud with the campaign's chairman, Rob Mosbacher Jr., whom the column reported, erroneously, was to be dumped.

This factoid completely changes the picture, for me anyway. It seems that there *is* somebody in the Bush administration petty enough to act like this for little reason. Obviously, the previous incident is unproven and not on the same level... but still.

Anybody have more information on this? Is this news, or have I just been living in a cave?
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:21 AM

Interesting. I haven't seen anything else, though. If it's true, it will be all over the papers by tonight.  ;)
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:32 AM

It was in NY headlines.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plame Case, Karl Rove, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users