• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Morgan's journey is derailed by some new acquaintances.

Morgan must be wishing by now that he had just stayed locked up in that apartment.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

I loved the beer guy.  "Egypt! Babylon!  Beer was the foundation of civilization!"  :lol:

I was actually a little disappointed that the truck people were frauds and that the beer guy sold Morgan out-- but, on the other hand, it gave Morgan the opportunity to "defeat" them by persuading them to change their minds.  He didn't have to fight them or kill them or threaten them or bribe them-- he just convinced them that there is a better way, which is pure Morgan.

The part where he changed his mind about going back to Texas because he thought he would make things worse was kind of unconvincing (at first I thought he had a fear of bridges or something), but that's pure Morgan, too-- leave, come back, leave again, hide away, come out of hiding, hide again.  Now it seems he wants to go back to Texas and bring everyone to Virginia. I wonder if they will go, now that the storm seems to have wrecked everything.

And, despite the truck people being frauds, I got the impression that there is really a network of truckers out there helping people.  I wonder if they will turn up in later episodes.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Beee guy was played by Aaron Stanford, a.k.a. James Cole on 12 MONKEYS.  I hope we see more of him.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Ah, okay, I've never seen that show so I didn't recognize him. I have a feeling we'll see more of him, as all three of those characters seem to have become part of Morgan's story, at least for a while.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

Amd I recognize the woman, Mo Collins, from MAD TV.  The wheelchair guy seems really familiar, too.  Can't place him.

#6 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 August 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Ah, okay, I've never seen that show so I didn't recognize him. I have a feeling we'll see more of him, as all three of those characters seem to have become part of Morgan's story, at least for a while.

I have seen that show and still didn't recognize him.  He looks and dresses like he hasn't seen a shower or a barber in years on 12 Monkeys.  He actually looks cleaned up on Fear the Walking Dead.  Why he would clean up for this show is kind of odd. :lol:

#7 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

I don't think that lady at the end of the show is part of the flip flop truck shop. :suspect:   She looked even scarier than the dead walker she was torturing.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, she doesn't seem like the type to leave out boxes of goodies-- unless they're intended as bait.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users