Details in this thread

Upcoming Games You Are Interested In

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:36 PM

Just what the title says. A place to discuss upcoming video games that you might be interested in.

This Spider-man game looks awesome. I have been so pumped for this game for a long time. I won't be able to get it (or any of these games) any time soon but it is definitely a buy for me.

As a Gears of War fan I've been waiting for this one. For the most part I like what I've seen. My only problem is the redesign of JD and Del. They are both more musclebound and simply larger than they were in the first game. JD doesn't even truly look the same as the character from 4. That aside, the game looks good. It will be the first time in franchise history that a female will be the main playable character and that has caused an uproar with some fans but I think it is about time.

I was so pumped when I saw this because I had no idea this was even happening. I loved the original Resident Evil 2 back in the day and this looks like it will be a fantastic update. I am curious as to how they will handle Leon and Claire. In the original game you played all the way through as one of the characters and then you played through again as the other character. You were essentially playing the same game twice but some of what you did in the first play through affected what happened in the second play through. I doubt they will do that here but I will be interested to see if there is a even split between the time you play as the characters or if one is favored over the others.

It is Kingdom Hearts III. 'Nuff said.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:47 AM

Spiderman is on my list, too.  I might wait and put it on my Christmas list, since I do have a lot of other new stuff coming up, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot.   I have a pretty good track record for loving most Playstation exclusives that I've tried.

And yeah, KHIII is certainly a biggie.

For others, my biggest ones right now (that have release dates) are probably:

Dragon Quest XI
he DQ games are huge comfort food sort of series.  You know pretty much what you're going to get going in, just with more visual polish than the last time.  My only complaint about DQ8 (the last standalone game that came out on a "real" console) was that you had a fixed group of four party members.  DQ11 looks like it's brought back a more normal party system with six characters plus the hero to choose from, so I'm looking forward to getting to "know" them all. :)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Naughty-Dog-esque mix of story/action/stealth/puzzle-solving gameplay in these new Tomb Raider games is totally my jam.

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Love that they seem to be going back to the straightforward strategy-rpg elements that made Valkyria Chronicles 1 great.  (I really love seeing this return for JRPG's to real consoles, after that gap where it seemed like the Japanese companies were relegating them all to handheld.  And I hope it stays this way.  I worry that the next step will be a massive shift to all of them going directly to the Switch.)

Mutant Year Zero
X-Com style of turned-based squad strategy, but with a quirky take on a post-apocalyptic setting.  I'm in.  :)

Edited by Niko, 04 September 2018 - 08:55 AM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

I had forgotten about Shadow of the Tomb Raider. That is one I am excited for.

Mutant Year Zero looks fun and quirky. It actually reminded me about this game:

It came out last month. The reviews have been good so it will also go on my have to buy it eventually list.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users