Veronica Mars Hulu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

https://variety.com/...u-2-1202950546/

The planned “Veronica Mars” revival has officially been picked up at Hulu.

The series, which will see the return of Kristen Bell as the title character, will consist of 8 episodes and is slated to debut in 2019. Bell made the official announcement Thursday on Instagram, which can be seen below. News of the revival first broke in August.

As part of the deal, Hulu has also struck an agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution for the SVOD rights to all past episodes of the original series. Seasons 1-3, as well as the 2014 feature film, will be available to stream next summer.

In the new installment, spring breakers are getting murdered in Neptune, thereby decimating the seaside town’s lifeblood tourist industry. After Mars Investigations is hired by the parents of one of the victims to find their son’s killer, Veronica is drawn into a mystery that pits the enclave’s wealthy elites, who would rather put an end to the month-long bacchanalia, against a working class that relies on the cash influx that comes with being the West Coast’s answer to Daytona Beach.

This makes me so happy. I love Veronica Mars and am so excited to see it return.

Fingers crossed that they can get most of the cast back. I even want to see Piz again, whom I thought was a better love interest than Logan. Sacrilege, I know.

I am curious whether this new series will reference the novels or not. Two novels were published after the release of the movie and tied up a lot of the loose ends from the movie.

Again, I am just so excited! I can't wait to see this.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,779 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 23 September 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I am curious whether this new series will reference the novels or not. Two novels were published after the release of the movie and tied up a lot of the loose ends from the movie.

I gather from another BBS that the plotline described for the new season is the same storyline as the first novel. Which makes sense to me. I assume the novels' plots were the stories that Thomas had wanted to tell onscreen but thought he wouldn't get to. So it stands to reason that he would redo them onscreen now, given the chance. Alien Nation did much the same thing. Two scripts for TV movie sequels were novelized when it seemed the movie revival was dead, then shot as TV movies after all a couple of years later, superseding the book versions.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostChristopher, on 23 September 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 23 September 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I gather from another BBS that the plotline described for the new season is the same storyline as the first novel. Which makes sense to me. I assume the novels' plots were the stories that Thomas had wanted to tell onscreen but thought he wouldn't get to. So it stands to reason that he would redo them onscreen now, given the chance. Alien Nation did much the same thing. Two scripts for TV movie sequels were novelized when it seemed the movie revival was dead, then shot as TV movies after all a couple of years later, superseding the book versions.

The book did feature a spring break setting but IIRC there wasn't a series of murders like the synopsis for the new season. Instead Veronica investigates the disappearance of one young college student who goes missing.

If Thomas is re-writing the novel continuity I'm fine with that.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

Congrats to Veronica Mars fans.  First a successful Kickstarter, and now a Hulu revival. The show has a way of bouncing back.

Maybe we'll get some more revivals of shows that died prematurely.  Like Sleepy Hollow.  Or Dark Matter and Timeless.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Veronica Mars, Hulu

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users