41 replies to this topic

#41 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Season 5, Episode 13:  "The End of Everything"

The gang breaks into Altura in an attempt to bring Pandora and Estes to justice, when Cooper reappears, shocking Warren.  

And the series finale of Z Nation is here.  :crybaby:

I shoulda known Cooper would reappear. I really hope they don't kill people off willy nilly just because it's the final episode. I want a happy Zombie Apocalypse ending!
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#42 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

Whoa!  :o

Warren has been dead this entire season. I did not see that coming in a million years. It mostly makes sense, as far as I can remember-- although you'd think Murphy would have been able to sense it.  When Warren was checking out  George's injuries from the interrogation, I was totally convinced that George was going to be revealed as a Talker, so I was totally flabbergasted when it was the other way around.  Warren is a different kind of Talker, though, showing no signs of going feral or needing lithium, and it wasn't completely explained why that is.  Maybe because of direct exposure to the Black Rain chemical?  Or maybe because of her association with Murphy in the past?  Or something in her military background?   And if Sun Mei had known, could she have used Warren to develop the cure?  We'll probably never know.  Just as we'll probably never know what Murphy learned from eating Sun Mei's brain cells.   That's okay.  I can live with a few unresolved questions.  I wasn't exactly expecting the Zombie Apocalypse to come to an end.

But Estes was exposed for what he was and the voting went on-- with Newmerica winning, so we left the ZA on a note of optimism.  And nobody died (not really-- Warren was already dead and is still the same old Warren that we  knew).  When Doc was left alone and was captured by soldiers, I was sure he was a goner.  It was quite a relief that he and 10K and Red and Addie-- not to mention Murphy-- all survived.  George got her showdown with Pandora and defeated her in battle.  Warren got her showdown with Estes and defeated him by exposing him in a triumph of truth over lies. The one odd thing was that Murphy, who has been pretty much the focus of the show since day one, had very little to do in the finale, although he did get the last word.

All in all, it was a satisfying conclusion.  And it does leave room for more, should the opportunity present itself.  Netflix does like the show enough to do a prequel, so who knows?

Adios, Z Nation, and thanks for all the fun and laughs.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users