Black Lightning DCTV CW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,506 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

The Season 2 premiere:  Jefferson Pierce and his family may have survived Tobias's attack, but they're not out of the woods yet.  Concerned for the safety of Garfield's students, the board considers a motion to shut down the school, forcing Jefferson to go to Napier Frank to sway the vote.  Jennifer struggles with her powers and her actions have unforeseen repercussions. Meanwhile, Anissa finds a new way to give back to Freeland.  Lastly, Lynn continues her quest much to the dismay of Agent Odell.

Chapter 1 -- "Rise of the Green Light Babies", of Black Lightning’s - Book of Consequences begins tonight at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central on the CW.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 11 October 2018 - 11:06 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Admittedly, I only saw the first act (I was “under the weather”), but I liked what I saw, mostly.

I like that they’ve adopted a title sequence for this season’s Book of Consequences.

Police are using Green Light as an excuse to continue to crack down and oppress the people of Freeland.

Jefferson is called to account for “allowing” two attacks to occur in the school and for his absence after the last one by the school board.  Now, it strikes me that the school board is looking for a scape-goat, and is using these incidents to target our man so they can put in a more biddable principal.  But that’s me.

Jennifer, despite doing some good with her newfound abilities, still isn’t reconciled about having them and still focused on simply fitting in, and doing stuff with others without having to worry about her powers flaring up.  That she is still that self-centered, despite everything, well … yeah, it is consistent with her character, and I can imagine that this would be a natural reaction.

Mom’s research into Green Light and Metas looks to be put on hold by someone of Authority because he cannot get a straight answer from her.

And then there was the fight over the case by the two warrior women, resulting in the apparent death of Syonide.

In short, the issues and concerns that had plagued our heroes and community still persist, and despite their brief respite from them at the end of last season.  It looks like this season’s going to be a wild ride.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

I went into this episode not sure if I wanted to watch it this season, but it won me over again.  I really couldn't care less about Tobias and the other villain stuff, and on weeks like this where the situation in the real world is dragging me down, I find the fictional representation of it in the show tough to watch...  but the family moments always pull me back.  The scene on the bed with Jefferson and Lynn was particularly sweet.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of Henderson's reaction to his realization of Black Lightning's identity.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Lightning, DCTV, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users