3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GETTING RID OF EXCESS - After an unexpected guest from the future, Nora West-Allen (Jessica Parker Kennedy), appears at their home, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton,) must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline... even more than she already has. Team Flash must work together to send Nora back, while simultaneously fighting off another villainous meta.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5TTobEhvR

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:18 PM

Like the new suit, like the new character, and like that Det. West was sleeping in the lounge to get away from child and psychic wife, but oy ... enough with the time travel :rolleyes:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,726 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostG-man, on 11 October 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Like the new suit, like the new character, and like that Det. West was sleeping in the lounge to get away from child and psychic wife, but oy ... enough with the time travel :rolleyes:

I don't like the new suit -- too garish, and it's weird without the chin strap -- but I adore Nora. And I enjoy the resonances with the show's history, with XS doing her own version of Barry's original narration. Plus it's clever the way the opening modulated from the recap to Nora's introductory narration to the opening dialogue scene, sort of as if Nora was explaining herself to the audience and to Team Flash at the same time.

I don't think Joe was using the lounge specifically to get away from Cecile and the baby. He said he'd been napping in the lounge since day one, presumably since the start of the series. He's a cop, so naturally he takes naps whenever he gets the opportunity, since he never knows when he'll have to be up all night on a case.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,054 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

I like the new suit but I agree it is weird without the chin strap. I also found the reason for the new suit rather lame. He gets two suits destroyed in short order when he usually fights much tougher foes and almost never gets the suit even stained.

Nora is a good addition but like you G-man I am done with the time travel shenanigans on this show. They have never been able to really pull it off and it usually just ends up in a giant, confusing mess.

I do like that they haven't dropped the Crisis, and the fact that the Flash disappears in the Crisis. I've always wondered if that would be on of their cross-over events. It would be hard to top last year's but if they do go full on Crisis that would be the cross-over to end all cross-overs.

This is the last we will see of Kid Flash, with the actor wanting to move on to different things. It is too bad. I liked Kid Flash and I think they finally found a good place for him among the Legends.

The new villain seems suitably sinister.

Loved Ralph's reaction to all the things everyone else knew but that he didn't. I am glad he is sticking around.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, CW, DC

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users