#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

The Rookie:  Episode 1 - Pilot
Air Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Read more: Listings - ROOKIE, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5U8XEABEW

Spoilers

The Rookie 1-1, pic - 148925_4704_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-1, pic - 149027_01766_FULL.jpg

In the premiere, small-town guy John Nolan pursues his dream of being a police officer after a life-altering incident. As the force's oldest rookie, he's met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis.

Promotional photos from images.spoilertv.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 17 October 2018 - 03:40 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

Good start.  :)

Near the beginning, when that guy threatened to steal Lucy's car (and possibly her), and she just smiled... I burst out laughing! :lol:  I knew he was gonna regret that!!  :lol:

Lucy's training officer got on my nerves.  But I did like the dynamic between John and his T.O.

Oh, and Melissa O'Neil got to sing!!  :D  (Briefly. ;) )  And ... secret romance, lol.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

I gather he'll be trying to solve problems by talking to the perpetrators.  Promising start.  Though frankly I could do without the romance.  They didn't show us the training days - I guess that's when the romance started?  And that's a pretty fancy house on a cop's salary.  What's with that?
Cats will never be extinct!

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostThemis, on 18 October 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

They didn't show us the training days - I guess that's when the romance started?  

Sounded like.  I seem to remember some dialogue about that.  *check's transcript*  Here it is.  First:

After six months together in the Academy, you've earned the right to be here.

So definitely when / where they met.  And then:

Tell me again why we can't go out for breakfast?
Because someone from the station might see us, and two months of quality sneaking around would go out the window.

Yep, definitely started at the academy.  :)

And that's a pretty fancy house on a cop's salary.  What's with that?

They mentioned that too:

Good to know our relationship is dependent on renting my college roommate's fancy guest house.

Sooo, not saying it's a good explanation, but it is what they said, LOL! ;)

SFG

Quotes from transcript :)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Amazing what can happen when you have competent writers plus a good sound & film crew. This show will probably last.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#6 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 18 October 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

They didn't show us the training days - I guess that's when the romance started?  

Sounded like.  I seem to remember some dialogue about that.  *check's transcript*  Here it is.  First:

After six months together in the Academy, you've earned the right to be here.

So definitely when / where they met.  And then:

Tell me again why we can't go out for breakfast?
Because someone from the station might see us, and two months of quality sneaking around would go out the window.

Yep, definitely started at the academy.  :)

And that's a pretty fancy house on a cop's salary.  What's with that?

They mentioned that too:

Good to know our relationship is dependent on renting my college roommate's fancy guest house.

SFG

Thanks for all that!!  Sometimes I don't pay enough attention.  OTOH I'm ready for some non-serialized actual episodic drama I don't have to pay full attention to...  Geez, does episodic even exist any more?? A series you could possibly tune in to every few eps and know what's going on?   OK, that's a general bitch - most of my queries on this were about back story.
Cats will never be extinct!

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

You're welcome.  :cool:  I often notice significant little details in dialogue, but then forget the wording.  That's why I like checking transcripts, because I usually know exactly what I'm looking for.  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 20 October 2018 - 06:35 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:52 AM

SFG

I assumed it was implied it was rented at a steep discount due to the friendship ;)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#9 GJS

GJS
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

I wonder if we'll ever see his college friend. Would be cool if he was played by Alan Tudyk. con-man-series-syfy.jpg

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

View Postsierraleone, on 22 October 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

SFG

I assumed it was implied it was rented at a steep discount due to the friendship ;)

Probably.  Though it's also an excuse for "we want him to have a gorgeous TV house".  ;)

View PostGJS, on 22 October 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

I wonder if we'll ever see his college friend. Would be cool if he was played by Alan Tudyk. Attachment con-man-series-syfy.jpg

Ha!  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Or Gina Torres.   :wub:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:36 PM

^ Why not? :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:47 PM

The Rookie:  Episode 2 - Crash Course
Air Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Spoilers

The Rookie 1-2, pic - 149928_0392_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-2, pic - 149928_1383_FULL.jpg

TUESDAY, OCT. 23

"Crash Course" - Talia forces Nolan to confront his personal moral instincts in order to be a good cop after he encounters a kidnapping victim. Meanwhile, Lucy is temporarily placed with a new training officer who tests her patience, and Jackson must confront his failures head-on if he wants to be an officer, on "The Rookie," airing TUESDAY, OCT. 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

Read more: Listings - ROOKIE, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5Uj4zxdsa

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:31 PM

This is probably a hare-brained theory but Nolan's mentioning of his lottery-ticket habit plus his vague description of his ever-traveling trust-fund roomie who lets him stay in the house for free made me wonder if he won the lottery at some point, thus freeing him to pursue his dream of becoming a police officer.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

In the season finale, the plot will require that they have a million dollars right now, and he'll be outed as super-wealthy.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostCardie, on 23 October 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

This is probably a hare-brained theory but Nolan's mentioning of his lottery-ticket habit plus his vague description of his ever-traveling trust-fund roomie who lets him stay in the house for free made me wonder if he won the lottery at some point, thus freeing him to pursue his dream of becoming a police officer.

That ... would make a lot of sense!

His stories (excuses?) are vague and inconsistent:  First episode he said he was renting the house, second episode he said it was free.  Where is the trust-fund homeowner?  ... Spain, no, China, um, no idea actually!

And when he gave his lottery ticked away, he said he started buying them for "hope", and has bought one a week as a ritual ever since.  "but I don't need it anymore.  Now I'm giving the hope to you."

Obviously he was talking about hope, something she clearly needed more than him at that moment.  But the "I don't need it anymore" could also have been the money! :oh:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 27 October 2018 - 10:43 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

I've find myself liking this more than I thought I would. I think I'll watch the entire season. I do hope that Tim gets toned down a bit. He is super annoying.

You know, it is quite possible that John is wealthy and just hiding it. Makes more sense than a super rich college friend renting/letting him stay for free in a house that the rich friend clearly doesn't need.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#18 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

The Rookie:  Episode 3 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Air Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Spoilers

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0006_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0640_FULL.jpg

NOT EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE ROOKIE,'
TUESDAY, OCT. 30

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" - After Nolan and Talia lose control of a crime scene, they begin to debate whether people are fundamentally good or bad and what that means for a police officer. Meanwhile, Lucy is concerned Tim is enabling his wife's destructive behavior and not taking care of himself, on an all-new episode of "The Rookie," TUESDAY, OCT. 30 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

Read more: Listings - ROOKIE, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5VSS1Fegq

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 01 November 2018 - 10:45 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#19 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

This is now my favourite show, along with Major Crimes. And that FBI show. The Fall season is officially rescued.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#20 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

I have added promo pics to the episode 3 post.

But I feel the need to add that there were a whole bunch of behind the scenes pics for this episode, some of which are absolutely adorable!  :wub:

Here are my favs:

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0134_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0226_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0279_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0332_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0371_FULL.jpg

The Rookie 1-3, pic - 150056_0509_FULL.jpg

SFG  :D

Edit: "episode 3" dangit! :rolleyes:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 01 November 2018 - 10:53 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Rookie, The Rookie: Season 1, Nathan Fillion, Melissa ONeil, ABC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users