Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 8 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 9 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 10 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 11 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 12 - 1000 px.jpg

MONDAY, OCTOBER 22
SEASON PREMIERE

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"The Virgin Gary" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

IT'S ALL MAGICAL - After the Legends defeated Mallus and wiped the final anachronism from time, they find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau. All that changes when Constantine (Matt Ryan) informs Sara (Caity Lotz) of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock. Constantine thinks he knows how to defeat the new threat, but will need the help of the team and their special klepto talents to help with his spell. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) go on an adventure leaving Nate facing someone from his past. Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe and Jes Macallan also star. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Grainne Godfree (#401). Original airdate 10/22/2018

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5UbRFSL6w

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

Oooh, Woodstock. Maybe this will lead to a spinoff.  Like, Justice League of Woodstock or something.  I'd watch that.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

This was absolutely hilarious!!!  :howling:

RJ, I don't know if you ever watch this show, but you should check out this episode.  Four words:  Vicious * Killer * Rainbow * Unicorns!!!!  :spew:

And when the unicorn got extra monstery at the end ... and the aftermath... So funny!!!  I don't know how anyone keeps a straight face on this show!!!  :laughtears:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 26 October 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

RJ, I don't know if you ever watch this show, but you should check out this episode.  Four words:  Vicious * Killer * Rainbow * Unicorns!!!!  :spew:  
I've never seen it, but I might give this episode a try.  Sound like they'll be in for some outraged Brony backlash.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

^ You should!  :D

And, I think they anticipated the Brony issue.  This pic here is actually these two characters celebrating when they realize they are both Bronies!  :lol:

Legends of Tomorrow 4-1, pic - 7 - 1000 px.jpg

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

I loved this episode. It was so outrageous and so much fun.

I think this might be the gayest superhero show. By that I mean it has a lot of gay characters. Sara and Constantine are bi, which is rare enough. Eva is a lesbian. Gary is, if not completely gay, at least bi.

Of course Nate and Ray are bronies.

Rory's reaction to Nate's problem with his dad being emotional distance was priceless.

Gary was great here. I wonder if Constantine helped with with his virginity.

Eva and Sara playing house was so sweet. I hope these two get to stay together.

I have to say, I am not a fan of Nora being a main character. I'm over the Darkhs. Plus, it is a bit creepy that Ray first met Nora as a child and now is in love with her. I know, time travel, but still.

This seems like it is going to be a completely bonkers season and I am so ready for that.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 27 October 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

I think this might be the gayest superhero show. By that I mean it has a lot of gay characters. Sara and Constantine are bi, which is rare enough. Eva is a lesbian. Gary is, if not completely gay, at least bi.

I think maybe Gary's just lonely. He's not gonna pass up an opportunity if it's offered to him.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 27 October 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

^ You should!  :D  
I did!  Is it always this wacky?  :lol:  I loved the Woodstock setting, of course, and they even worked in Jerry, Jimi, and Janis.  I'm totally unfamiliar with the characters and premise, so that didn't help, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.  And it's always a little weird when events from my childhood are treated as ancient history-- I'm sure the vast majority of the audience was not alive then-- very likely most of their parents weren't alive then.  "What are Hippies?"  :lol:  At least they had the decency to refer to Woodstock as "the least evil event in history."  :D

View PostVirgil Vox, on 27 October 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Rory's reaction to Nate's problem with his dad being emotional distance was priceless.  
"What did he do?  Beat you?  Dress up as a clown and scare you?"  "He was emotionally unavailable."  :laughtears:

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Is it always this wacky?  :lol:

Oh, you poor, innocent soul. Strap yourself in, you're in for a hell of a ride. ;)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#10 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, the first season is kinda a wash because they try to play it straight, but then they decide to lean into the craziness.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostChristopher, on 28 October 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Is it always this wacky?  :lol:

Oh, you poor, innocent soul. Strap yourself in, you're in for a hell of a ride. ;)

View PostCybersnark, on 29 October 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Yeah, the first season is kinda a wash because they try to play it straight, but then they decide to lean into the craziness.

Yep!  :lol:

I think they have been getting progressively sillier over time.  And I hope this episode is setting the tone for the season, because the silly / crazy is definitely what they do best!!  :lol:

I don't think I could really say whether this was the silliest episode of the series, it might be tied with last season's finale for that. ;)  (I could tell you the gist if you want.)

I loved the Woodstock setting, of course, and they even worked in Jerry, Jimi, and Janis.  I'm totally unfamiliar with the characters and premise, so that didn't help, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

There is some backstory to the characters, but the dynamics between them shouldn't depend on that too much.  (Anything really relevant to the current season will probably be shown anyway.)

If you have any specific questions, I could probably answer them.  :cool:

And it's always a little weird when events from my childhood are treated as ancient history-- I'm sure the vast majority of the audience was not alive then-- very likely most of their parents weren't alive then.  "What are Hippies?"  :lol:

I think that was Zari's line?  If it helps, she is from the future, and a somewhat dystopian* one at that.  It was probably not a priority topic in her family's history.  ;)

SFG

* That "somewhat dystopian future" now seems only one or two steps removed from our current reality, but yeah.  :unsure:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 29 October 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Well, one thing that springs to mind is how they decide what events they can intercede in?  They could save Woodstock, but they couldn't save Zari's mother?  Why? Maybe the Woodstock Massacre caused the Dystopian future.  Woodstock was such a giant cultural touchstone that changing it to that degree would have changed the timeline a lot.

Also, are these characters supposed to vaguely resemble real DC characters like the characters on SHIELD resemble Marvel characters?  I recognized Constantine as a version of Alan Moore's old character from Swamp Thing and Hellblazer (a character I never cared for), but I didn't recognize anyone else.

I think that was Zari's line?  If it helps, she is from the future, and a somewhat dystopian* one at that.  It was probably not a priority topic in her family's history.  ;)  
Yeah, there was a scene at the end in a playground where all that was implied, and made me wonder if they are all from the future or various points in time.

#13 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:19 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 30 October 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 29 October 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Well, one thing that springs to mind is how they decide what events they can intercede in?  They could save Woodstock, but they couldn't save Zari's mother?  Why?

Same rules as most time travel stories -- their job is to prevent changes to history. A Woodstock massacre was an alteration to history that they had to undo. But what happens to Zari's family in the future she comes from is the original, unaltered history. It's the same reason Sara can't go back and save her sister or her father. Or the same reason Kirk couldn't save Edith Keeler, or the same as any of a million other time travel stories about preserving the original timeline.

Maybe the Woodstock Massacre caused the Dystopian future.

No, because the emergence of the unicorn and the other supernatural "Fugitives" happened because of the Legends' action in the third-season finale, and Zari's dystopian future was part of the timeline well before then. Again, it's the standard rules of most time-travel fiction, in this case the way that changes to the timeline never take effect until after the characters and the viewers experience their causative events.

Also, are these characters supposed to vaguely resemble real DC characters like the characters on SHIELD resemble Marvel characters?

Most of the regular characters on Agents of SHIELD are original to the show, except for Daisy, Mack, and Elena, plus assorted guest characters, villains, etc. Most of the characters on Legends and the other Arrowverse shows are adapted from comics characters, often quite obscure ones, though Sara and Amaya are Arrowverse-original family members of DC characters (Black Canary and Vixen, respectively), and Zari Tomaz is loosely based on DC's Isis/Adrianna Tomaz, who was loosely based on Isis/Andrea Thomas from the 1970s Filmation TV show The Secrets of Isis, which spun off from Shazam.

I recognized Constantine as a version of Alan Moore's old character from Swamp Thing and Hellblazer (a character I never cared for), but I didn't recognize anyone else.

Ray Palmer is the Atom; Nate Heywood is Steel (a Justice Society of America character); Mick Rory is Heat Wave (a Flash rogue who's semi-reformed on the show). The Time Bureau characters are original to the show.

Yeah, there was a scene at the end in a playground where all that was implied, and made me wonder if they are all from the future or various points in time.

Only Zari is from the future, though Amaya/Vixen (a team member in the previous two seasons) was from the 1940s and was the grandmother of the modern-day Vixen who appeared in the first Arrowverse animated webseries and one episode of Arrow. The original Legends team consisted largely of recurring Arrow and The Flash supporting characters who were popular enough to warrant a spinoff, plus Hawkgirl, Hawkman, and the time-traveling agent from the future who recruited them, Rip Hunter. Rip chose them because they had a relatively minor impact on history; they're basically C-list superheroes, misfits, and redeemable villains.

Facebook Author Page

#14 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

LOL.  RJ, I tried to write something brief about how things work, and differences between seasons, but it came out way too long.  :rolleyes:  

I have to start over, and keep it to the basics, LOL!

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:13 PM

Aw, I hope you didn't delete it after all that work.  Go ahead and post it.  :D

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

Oh, I didn't delete it.  I was typing in an email draft, for something to do when I couldn't sleep.  And then I fell asleep.  :lol:  I will have to look and see if it even makes sense!  ;)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

Send it!  Especially if it doesn't make sense.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users