2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In order to track down Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) from inside prison, Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes that will require aligning with an old enemy. Meanwhile, in Star City, Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) attempts to root out Diaz are thwarted by Diggle (David Ramsey), whose allegiance to ARGUS now requires him to keep civilians like her on the outs. Realizing that she can no longer rely on her old team or old methods, a clear-eyed Felicity resolves to find a new way to go after Diaz

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5Uf86i5ln

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:19 PM

This was a pretty good episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about the flash forwards. They are so brief that it is hard to judge them. I like the fact that William is gay, and I'm hoping maybe we are seeing him start a journey towards being Green Arrow. I love that Roy is back.

Laurel does seem to be genuinely trying to do good, or at least not actively doing bad. It makes for a nice change of pace since usually murderers and terrorists on this show don't repent and yet the good guys still work with them like it is no big deal. The fact that she apologized to Dinah and seemed to really mean it speaks volumes.

I wonder if Stanley, the prisoner Oliver has taken under his wing, is who he says he is. He could just be an innocent man framed for murder or maybe a plant placed by Diaz.

No appearance by the new Green Arrow. I am curious whether he is a character we know or if he is new.

After all the problems Oliver not making Diggle Green Arrow last year it does seem ironic that John has turned it down after Oliver asked him to wear the hood. I feel the same about Rene becoming Wild Dog again even though it means he might go to jail and lose his daughter after that was the reason he turned on Oliver last season.

The Longbow Hunters were insanely cool. They are going to give our heroes a run for their money, especially since they aren't really a team anymore.

I like Diaz as a villain but I hope he gets taken down sooner rather than later. I don't want to see him be the villain for the entire season.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,924 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 27 October 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

I wonder if Stanley, the prisoner Oliver has taken under his wing, is who he says he is. He could just be an innocent man framed for murder or maybe a plant placed by Diaz.

For what it's worth, in the comics, Brick (Vinnie Jones's character) is one of the Longbow Hunters. That won't necessarily be the case here, but I've got my eye on him.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users