Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 4 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 5 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 8 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 10 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 12 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-4, pic - 13 - 1000 px.jpg

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Wet Hot American Bummer" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME - When the Legends discover that kids at a summer camp have disappeared, Sara (Caity Lotz), Ava (Jes Macallan), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Constantine (Matt Ryan) find themselves as the new camp counselors. At camp, Ava struggles to get along with the kids, but Constantine whips up a potion that helps Sara and Ava bond with the children. Luckily, the team finds clues to the whereabouts of the missing kids, but the battle to save them leaves one member in bad shape. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Zari (Tala Ashe) are tasked with watching the fugitive and Rory finds a kindship with their "prisoner." Maisie Richardson-Sellers also stars. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Tyron B. Carter (#404). Original airdate 11/12/2018.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5WaVA1phg

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,412 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

I love the antique floor globe in the futuristic timeship (or whatever that place is).
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

Hey, they finally got Constantine into a silly costume! It only took four weeks!

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 November 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

I love the antique floor globe in the futuristic timeship (or whatever that place is).

Right first time(ship).

Edited by Christopher, 11 November 2018 - 06:27 PM.

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 November 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Yep, the Waverider is a timeship from the future.  :)  There are several rooms on board filled with gorgeous antiques, and other souvenirs from throughout time.  Two episodes ago, there was a crazy looking octopus statue just sitting on a table, LOL!  So yeah, they have fun picking props for this show!  :lol:

(Maybe I can find a screenshot of the octopus.)  ;)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,412 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

Octopus or... Cthulhu?  :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

Found a pic via Screencapped.net!  :D

(This is from 2 weeks ago, S4 E02 - Witch Hunt)  Click for bigger:

Witch_Hunt0086.jpeg

:lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

^ I mean they are just standing there talking about some technology, and that octopus is just sitting there!  :lol:

And there is other cool stuff on the table, too.  Those are maps they use to navigate through time: the timestream has currents and tricky spots, which they navigate using maps and charts, like sailors do on the ocean!  :cool:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,412 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 12 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

^ I mean they are just standing there talking about some technology, and that octopus is just sitting there!  :lol:  
Yep, they do seem to have a random octopus on their table.  :laughtears:

And there is other cool stuff on the table, too.  Those are maps they use to navigate through time: the timestream has currents and tricky spots, which they navigate using maps and charts, like sailors do on the ocean!  :cool:  
Interesting. That's an approach to time travel that you don't see much these days. I wonder if there's anything in particular causing those tricky spots.

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 12 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Uhh, no, they don't do that as far as I recall. The ship's AI Gideon is more than capable of plotting the timestream.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:30 AM

^
Ok, I will correct what I said.  Looking into it, it seems they only did that once, when Gideon (the ship's AI) was completely offline.

Here's my thought process for why I said that in the first place.  I was looking at threads from earlier seasons, looking for pictures of other interesting set props.  And I noticed this comment I had made in season one:  (Though the rest of my review suggests this was an interesting point in a terrible episode. Season one had some problems, lol. ;) )

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 21 May 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

I did like the idea of navigating the time stream like it is a river, with currents and obstacles, and using charts!  :cool:  

And then I noticed the maps on the table in the current pictures, and put those together.

But I didn't remember the details, because Christopher is right that they haven't mentioned it since.  So I checked the transcript for that episode.  Here is the explanation from Rip, the original captain of the Waverider, who taught them the rules of time travel:

Quote from:  S1 E14 - River of Time

[Gideon's voice garbles and stops] That can't be good.
Gideon's entire operational matrix is offline.
And without her help We'll have to make our approach the old-fashioned way.
Shouldn't we be more worried about Savage and his brainwashed crony? Yes.
Which is why I need you and Dr.
Palmer to go and recapture him.

In the meantime, if the rest of us can't figure out how to pilot the ship without Gideon, we're never gonna be able to leave the Time Stream.
If we live through this, you bumbling idiot, I might just kill you.
Exactly how old-fashioned are you talking? So, if the Time Stream is like this vast river, these maps plot the safest course along that river's path.
Exactly.
I keep these here just in case of emergency.
Well, this certainly qualifies.
What's Jurgens Ridge? Pray you need never find out.

Martin, you're gonna be our engineer.
I need you to adjust our energy output to avoid over-taxing the Waverider.
And you, Miss Lance, you're gonna be our navigator.
I was League of Assassins, not NASA.
I need someone who can make tough calls under extreme pressure.
No one fits that description better than you.

Read more: https://www.springfi...&episode=s01e14

I still plan to post that series guide I started writing.  It needs some tweaks. :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,412 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

So you were right, they just usually automate the process.

And Jurgen's Ridge?  That's some kind of feature or structure within the time stream?

#12 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 14 November 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

And Jurgen's Ridge?  That's some kind of feature or structure within the time stream?

No doubt an in-joke reference to comic book writer/artist Dan Jurgens, the creator of time-traveling superhero Booster Gold, who in the comics has a history with Rip Hunter (the character whose TV counterpart, played by Arthur Darvill, formerly captained the Waverider and brought the Legends together).

Facebook Author Page

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,412 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Okay, I watched this one on Friday.  Apparently the damage to the timeline here was that we got some new B-movies to watch. A few kids seems like a small price to pay for that.  :innocent:

I got a kick out of the Legends trying to deal with non-compliant, pranksterish children.  It was hilarious when Stern Woman got dumped in the lake, but how is it that everybody else didn't see that coming?  :lol:

As usual, there were some fun character interactions. Stern Woman versus Laid-Back Woman, Constantine versus the Atom, Gruff Guy versus Shape Shifter.  I liked how the latter two bonded, resulting in Shape Shifter helping out and then returning of her own accord.  And Laid-Back Woman took the opportunity of Constantine's potion to give Stern Woman the childhood she never really had.  And Constantine and the Atom made an amusing team, with Constantine trying in vain to get Atom to shut up.

It was a nice moment when all the kids showed up to help, having actually learned the Atom's lessons on tracking and... uh... gurney building, apparently.  It's too bad Stern Woman didn't get a similar validating moment, but that was a nice showdown between the monster and the kid versions of the women-- those two kid actresses must have had some fun there.

And this is where Constantine got hurt, saving one of the kids-- I've already seen the episode where he is healed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users