• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

The Survivors encounter unfamiliar faces outside the safety of their community's walls and must decide whether or not this new group can be trusted.  

Tonight we'll find out if that time jump really represents the new status quo-- if so, I would imagine a lot of familiar characters will have bitten the dust in the interim.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

I just LOVE Carol  ;-)

#1 Rule still applies, don't ever mess with Carol....

And somebody needs to keep an eye on Eugene....   He does seem to be an accident waiting to happen a lot of times.

also love the new Judith.  Got to see some advance scenes of her on the Talking Dead show.  good stuff.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

So last episode's epilogue wasn't just a flash forward, but a real time jump-- that's a relief.   And, oddly, there doesn't seem to have been any major deaths in the interim.

It's very interesting to see all the changes wrought over six years, especially in Micchone.  She talks to herself a lot these days and she's not the sole boss of Alexandria-- they've instituted a council.  I wonder if that was a part of her Constitution from the start. She's raising two kids, Judith the Mini-Rick, and Rick's kid.  Despite still being in mourning for Rick, she had to be talked into helping strangers by Judith-- but then, Rick had to be talked into it by Carl. And what is that X-shaped scar on her back?  Did she need surgery or is that a relic of yet another Evil Overlord?  Or was Enid just holding the c-section manual upside down?

We didn't see much of Daryl in this episode.  It seems like he might have gone feral-- or is he just out on some kind of mission?

Carol and Ezekial have moved in together and are raising Henry.  And Carol is still Carol-- she knows when not to fight, but she has no mercy when she does.  That was decidedly creepy when she burned up the last of the Saviors.  When Henry saw that the ring was back on her finger, he knew enough to not even ask.

Eugene has hardened up a bit over the jump and now can make short work of Walkers-- he's also got a thing for Rosita, but she has hooked up with Gabriel, of all people.  Didn't see that coming.

Siddiq is still around doctoring people, but no sign of Enid as yet-- although he did mention nurses.  And Aaron is still around, and a member of the council.  And Negan is still in the basement, which has a convenient window where he can talk to Judith and help her with her homework-- I wonder if they intentionally made that reminiscent of Sesame Street.  :lol:

Strangely, the bridge is still shattered after all these years-- or has it been shattered again?  There were allusions to a recent incident that put a strain between Alexandria and the Hilltop, undoubtedly involving Maggie's departure (or death).  No confirmation yet if Jesus is still alive.  Or Tara.

And even though it must be about ten years since the start of the Zombie Apocalypse, there are still random herds of Walkers that can take people by surprise.  And now there's an added twist-- they can talk.

"Don't let them get away!"

View Postzarkon, on 12 November 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

also love the new Judith.  Got to see some advance scenes of her on the Talking Dead show.  good stuff.  
I love Judith, too.  She definitely takes after Rick and Carl, even though she's not Rick's biological daughter. It's also pretty amazing that the show was able to cast such a major character and keep it on the QT.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, when she says to Negan, "You don't have to be a good person to do math.  Math doesn't care." or something like that. lol  She's turning out to be a wise little cookie.  And yet I don't find her annoying at all.  I really found Carl to be annoying, right up til the last season. lol

It looked to me that Carol went out of her way to purposely find Daryl and bring him back into the fold?  He looked happy to see her so, he'll probably be around more next episode, I hope. :D

I had a hard time distinguishing whether or not that "talking herd" was telepathically communicating or actually talking out loud?  The voices sounded so strange.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:54 PM

View PostM.E., on 12 November 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yeah, when she says to Negan, "You don't have to be a good person to do math.  Math doesn't care." or something like that. lol  She's turning out to be a wise little cookie.  And yet I don't find her annoying at all.  I really found Carl to be annoying, right up til the last season. lol  
I generally don't want kids on my TV shows, but I liked the Rick and Carl relationship. And I'm liking Judith so far. She is really the first of Generation ZA. And they should call it that.  :D

It looked to me that Carol went out of her way to purposely find Daryl and bring him back into the fold?  He looked happy to see her so, he'll probably be around more next episode, I hope. :D
Yeah, she seemed to be showing up for a pre-arranged meeting, which is what confused me. At the beginning of the episode, it looked as though Daryl had forsaken civilization altogether in the wake of Rick's death-- but then when Carol knew right where to find him, I thought maybe he was just out on some mission.

I had a hard time distinguishing whether or not that "talking herd" was telepathically communicating or actually talking out loud?  The voices sounded so strange.
I did some research into the comic, so I have an idea of what's going on.  I won't post anything unless you ask, though.  ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users