Stan Lee has Died

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

He lived a long and  colorful life.  Entertained us all for so many decades.....RIP

https://www.dailymai...ng-illness.html

https://www.foxnews....ator-dead-at-95

http://www.9emeart.f...of-stan-lee-954

"Excelsior!"

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

FB_IMG_1542082321627.jpg

#3 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

:waah:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,528 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

R.I.P., Stan Lee.

Excelsior.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

Stan Lee helped make the world a more Marvelous place.  The characters he created will live for many, many centuries to come.  They have inspired so many people throughout the world and will continue to do so.

He was always a friendly face at conventions, and just an all around nice guy to be around.  Any Marvel movie made now will feel empty without his cameos.

A piece of you will live on forever with the characters you created, but you will be sorely missed, Stan Lee.

R.I.P., sir.  And... Excelsior!

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:41 PM

Stan was a likeable and accessible guy for the most part. Back in the 70's he and his artists used to tour schools and show kids their drawing skills. Never came to my school, but came to my brother's school and left a huge, lasting impression. He created a generation of young people eager to pursue careers in comics, animation, related fields.

There was real genius in many of the comic-book series of the 50's and 60's. Some of the comics I remember from those decades are: The Atom, Dr Solar, Man Of The Atom, Lost In Space (the original, not the tv show), Captain America (back when he had spaghetti arms), Dr Strange, Spider Man, lots of war comics, too many to mention here.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

It had to happen, but this is truly a sad moment. Stan Lee practically taught me to read in the early 60s-- and write (my teachers had to keep telling me that not every sentence must end in an exclamation point). His larger-than-life characters and imaginative stories and ethical worldview was the first thing that inspired me to create my own stories.  His stylized dialogue and prose, like that of Shakespeare and Rod Serling, was unique and still rings in my ears.  His heroes, his entire universe, have become modern mythology, an integral part of our culture-- true Americana.  There are few creators who have touched so many hearts and minds in their lifetime; his impact on the world is truly immeasurable.

RIP, Stan The Man.  Excelsior!

:cry:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostM.E., on 12 November 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

That's sweet.  Here's one that a friend posted on another board:

RIPStan.jpg
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

A loss indeed. There is no subtitute. RIP.
Can't Touch This!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users