• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:07 PM

A small rescue mission braves a dangerous herd in their hunt for a missing comrade, only to discover a surprising threat that could doom them all.  

Pssst. Whisperers.  :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

This was an exceptionally creepy episode.  For a show about Zombies that's been on for nine years, we don't really get a lot of traditionally spooky scenes like being surrounded by the walking dead in a foggy graveyard. That was pretty cool. Well, except for the part where the Zombie dodged Jesus's sword fu and stabbed him in the back-- and whispered sweet nothings in his ear.  And something tells me that Jesus won't be back in three days.  And then we see Micchone freak out at the red blood on her katana and Daryl clipping the sutures on the corpse's skin suit.  Brrrr.

After all the ominous scenes of Zombies behaving in new and weird ways, and engaging in strategy and other cognizant behaviors, as well as Eugene theorizing that they are evolving intelligence, it's almost kind of a letdown to know that it's merely a bunch of necrophiliacs leading the pack.  But still, this is something bizarrely different for the survivors to deal with.

And on top of that, somebody forgot to lock Negan's door-- or deliberately set him free. I wish he would just freakin' die already.

In other news, we got some more gossip about the falling out between Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom, but no solid information.  Henry turns out to have some solid character, despite his teenage whining (and possibly had a secondary  motivation for moving to Hilltop, but Enid is already taken).  And the new kids on the block went with Micchone to save Eugene and the boys, so maybe suspicion of them is misplaced after all.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

That was pretty cool. Well, except for the part where the Zombie dodged Jesus's sword fu and stabbed him in the back-- and whispered sweet nothings in his ear.  And something tells me that Jesus won't be back in three days

:howling:

I don't think Jesus is really dead.  Definitely critically injured, but not dead.  Even tho TWD is famous for killing off lead characters, I think he's too popular to die yet. I also think there's going to be a relationship between him and the other guy he was traveling with  Sorry, I can't remember his name at the moment.

And on top of that, somebody forgot to lock Negan's door-- or deliberately set him free. I wish he would just freakin' die already.

I am so with you there bro, but I don't think that's going to happen.  In fact I'll wager that he ends up leading that creepy necrophiliac group.  Seems right up his ally, yes?

Henry turns out to have some solid character, despite his teenage whining (and possibly had a secondary  motivation for moving to Hilltop, but Enid is already taken).

At first, I thought that was going to be a scene taken right out of FTWD.  Where Nick and his sister got hazed when he first arrived on the farm so, I figured Henry was not going to be able to dig himself out of that big hole he jumped into and we were going to have to wait until March to see if he survived.

And the new kids on the block went with Micchone to save Eugene and the boys, so maybe suspicion of them is misplaced after all.

Eugene sure has changed.  First we see him hitting on Rosetta and then we see him telling the guys to leave him behind because he was just slowing them down.  Other than that, his personality hasn't changed much, which I am happy with because he makes me laugh all the time. :D

With the exception being the music man, I like the "new kids on the block".  I'm just not sure about him yet.  Do you think Michonne will end up taking them all back with her now?  I think she will.  TBH, I think the only reason Michonne didn't want them was because the girl with the criminal past reminded her too much of herself. :lol:

After all the ominous scenes of Zombies behaving in new and weird ways, and engaging in strategy and other cognizant behaviors, as well as Eugene theorizing that they are evolving intelligence, it's almost kind of a letdown to know that it's merely a bunch of necrophiliacs leading the pack.  But still, this is something bizarrely different for the survivors to deal with.

I still don't quite understand this behavior change in the Zombies.  It implies that they can be controlled just by "whispering" to them.  That would mean the zombies still have some cognitive abilities?  I don't buy that.  Maybe if it were just the "newly/recently dead" zombies but, there were some that were so decayed, they could not just suddenly become evolved.  Although, I suppose the decomposed ones could just be following the rest of them.  They have always had that tendency to group together.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostM.E., on 26 November 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I don't think Jesus is really dead.  Definitely critically injured, but not dead.  Even tho TWD is famous for killing off lead characters, I think he's too popular to die yet. I also think there's going to be a relationship between him and the other guy he was traveling with  Sorry, I can't remember his name at the moment.  
Aaron?  I hope you're right about Jesus being alive. That never even occurred to me. Since no major characters died during that six-year time jump, I've been waiting for somebody to go.

I am so with you there bro, but I don't think that's going to happen.  In fact I'll wager that he ends up leading that creepy necrophiliac group.  Seems right up his ally, yes?  
Could be.  I don't think there are any Saviors left for him.

At first, I thought that was going to be a scene taken right out of FTWD.  Where Nick and his sister got hazed when he first arrived on the farm so, I figured Henry was not going to be able to dig himself out of that big hole he jumped into and we were going to have to wait until March to see if he survived.  
Same here. I was surprised he got out so easily.

Eugene sure has changed.  First we see him hitting on Rosetta and then we see him telling the guys to leave him behind because he was just slowing them down.  Other than that, his personality hasn't changed much, which I am happy with because he makes me laugh all the time. :D  
I loved the shaky little "Affirmative" floating up from the trap door.  :lol:  He's definitely still Eugene, crying and whining the whole time, but now able to fight and willing to give up his own life for the others.  I hope he doesn't disappear soon.

With the exception being the music man, I like the "new kids on the block".  I'm just not sure about him yet.  Do you think Michonne will end up taking them all back with her now?  I think she will.  TBH, I think the only reason Michonne didn't want them was because the girl with the criminal past reminded her too much of herself. :lol:
They are certainly turning into interesting characters, wherever they end up.  I keep going back and forth on Music Man. At first, I was very suspicious of him, then I warmed up to him after his speech about the Arts, and now I'm a little suspicious again.  Something about his mannerisms and body language.

I still don't quite understand this behavior change in the Zombies.  It implies that they can be controlled just by "whispering" to them.  That would mean the zombies still have some cognitive abilities?  I don't buy that.  Maybe if it were just the "newly/recently dead" zombies but, there were some that were so decayed, they could not just suddenly become evolved.  Although, I suppose the decomposed ones could just be following the rest of them.  They have always had that tendency to group together.  
I think it's definitely the herd mentality.  The Whisperers just whisper to each other, but the real Zombies follow their lead instinctively.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

No, Jesus is definitely dead.  Tom Payne got 'the call'.

I wonder if Tara will end up in charge of Hilltop now, because her character hasn't really done much in the last few seasons, which can be said about Jesus since last year.

I will miss him, but it is unbelievable that so many have survived in those 6 years, especially knowing something happened in the interim, particularly those exact same scars on Michonne and Daryl.

#6 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 27 November 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I wonder if Tara will end up in charge of Hilltop now, because her character hasn't really done much in the last few seasons, which can be said about Jesus since last year.

I will miss him, but it is unbelievable that so many have survived in those 6 years, especially knowing something happened in the interim, particularly those exact same scars on Michonne and Daryl.

Huh?  Color me surprised!  I was confident that he was going to be back in March. :lol:

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

He may appear in flashbacks to those missing 6 years.  There is a lot they can do with that era.

I wonder if that time has something to do with where Rick was taken.

#8 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hmmmm... I'm bummed about Jesus, too.  I'd have rather seen Aaron taken out, if someone in the group had to die.  I liked seeing Jesus in that reluctant leader position.  But good point about it being a potential opportunity for Tara to get more to do.  Though, unfortunately, I think her interaction with Michonne shows that she's a little too chip-on-her-shouldery to be a good choice in terms of the greater good.

(Speaking of deaths, they're going to kill that dog eventually, and I'm going to be pissed when they do.  Deaths of animals in this sort of thing always feel more unnecessarily gratuitous to me than any human death can be.)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#9 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostNiko, on 27 November 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Hmmmm... I'm bummed about Jesus, too.  I'd have rather seen Aaron taken out, if someone in the group had to die.  I liked seeing Jesus in that reluctant leader position.  But good point about it being a potential opportunity for Tara to get more to do.  Though, unfortunately, I think her interaction with Michonne shows that she's a little too chip-on-her-shouldery to be a good choice in terms of the greater good.

(Speaking of deaths, they're going to kill that dog eventually, and I'm going to be pissed when they do.  Deaths of animals in this sort of thing always feel more unnecessarily gratuitous to me than any human death can be.)

As soon as I saw that dog I thought the same thing.  But hey, I was wrong about Jesus.  I hope I'm wrong about the dog  :lol:

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 27 November 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

Aw, bummer. He was a good character.

Yeah, no major deaths in six years is the most that this show has ever stretched reality.  :lol:

View PostNiko, on 27 November 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I hope they don't.  I've been thinking for a while that it would have been smart for the survivors to make extensive use of dogs. Dogs could easily be trained as early warning systems, and to distract herds, and lots of other things.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users