Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 6 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 7 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 9 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 10 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 11 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-6, pic - 12 - 1000 px.jpg

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Tender is the Nate" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SHOCKED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN - When Hank Heywood (guest star Tom Wilson) confronts Ava (Jes Macallan) about the spending habits of the Legends, Nate (Nick Zano) steps in to try and smooth things over by inviting Hank on to the Waverider. The Legends then show Hank what they do by visiting 1920s Paris, trying to capture the newest Fugitive. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) is trying to make a good impression with Ava, but her over eagerness gets her and Ava stuck in a cell instead.

Caity Lotz, Matt Ryan, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Tala Ashe and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Dean Choe directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Matthew Maala wrote the episode (#406). Original airdate 11/26/2018.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5XuwxtKbD

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 27 November 2018 - 04:39 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

Well, that answered my question about characters using their powers.  :lol:

So this wasn't quite up to Woodstock and Kaiju, but a Minotaur is pretty cool-- especially with Dali and Hemingway thrown in for good measure. This show is almost completely driven by character interaction.  I loved how Kaya in the Sky-A got the ladies caught up in the spirit of drunken bonhomie.  "You're a witch!" "You're a clone from the future!"  You just don't appreciate yourself until somebody holds you in awe.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

^ If you're enjoying the show, you should probably watch episodes 2, 3, & 4 as well.  ;)

4x02: The Salem Witch Trials meet an Evil Fairy Godmother!  :lol:  (We're talking a full Disney style Fairy Godmother, complete with singing!  But evil!!!)  :howling:  Also, the set up for the DOD / Time Bureau connection.

4x03: Introduces Charlie the ex-shapeshifter.  Also, Zari gives Constantine a lesson on the temporal mechanics of interacting with one's personal timeline.  (Including a rather colorful variation on the grandfather paradox.)

4x04: More character driven stuff.  I can say more later, when I have time.

And you shouldn't wait, because ep 4x02 is probably only available for a couple more days!  :o  (Edit: specifically, new episodes air on mondays, and go on-demand on tuesdays.)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 December 2018 - 05:08 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

Okay, I'll try to watch #2 tonight or tomorrow. Luckily Walking Dead just went on hiatus.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

So I did manage to see episode 2, and it was pretty good. The Salem Witch Trials are always fun to visit (though I wouldn't want to live there) and the Disney Fair Godmother from Hell was amusing. I'm not sure why, given everything else that's happened, but two people getting turned into swine seemed a bit over the top.  :D

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,825 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 04 December 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

So I did manage to see episode 2, and it was pretty good. The Salem Witch Trials are always fun to visit (though I wouldn't want to live there) and the Disney Fair Godmother from Hell was amusing.

More like the Nickelodeon Fairy Godmother from Hell, since the actress (Jane Carr) is the voice of Mama Cosma on The Fairly OddParents.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:26 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 November 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Well, that answered my question about characters using their powers.  :lol:

So this wasn't quite up to Woodstock and Kaiju, but a Minotaur is pretty cool-- especially with Dali and Hemingway thrown in for good measure. This show is almost completely driven by character interaction.  I loved how Kaya in the Sky-A got the ladies caught up in the spirit of drunken bonhomie.  "You're a witch!" "You're a clone from the future!"  You just don't appreciate yourself until somebody holds you in awe.  :D

I actually thought this ep was a bit overcrowded with too many stories, each one of which could have been expanded and had more time.  Even the Minotaur practically seemed like an afterthought.  But, credit to this crazy show, somehow it totally worked anyway!  :lol:

Clearly the bonding between Nate and his father was at the heart of the episode, and most of the rest was in service to that.  Including the Minotaur, and Hemingway etc.  Charlie vanished for most of the episode, briefly showing up to instantly identify Dali's depiction of the Minotaur.  (That no one else could make heads or tails of. :lol: )  Paris was in the background and barely explored.  The end credits mentioned Django Reinhardt, who was never mentioned but must have been in a scene somewhere.  (Though I did notice some gypsy jazz playing in the club, so I suppose I should have thought to look for him.)

And Charlie & Nate getting acquainted, and Ray & Nora romance progressing, and Ava getting to know Nora and Mona better and loosening up...

Yeah, crowded and insane, but still totally worked!

There were some continuity breaks for the series in this episode, put in purely for plot reasons, and then reversed by the next episode.  I was halfway through writing a post about the tech on this show, for my guide.  But the DOD list of financial expenditures randomly contradicted a bunch of things.  The Waverider has a "fabricator" that can make clothes for any time period, and also all their food.  But suddenly the DOD is paying for both their clothes and condiments?  Plus they recently made a big deal about how none of them get paid any salary, but the Waverider has huge operating expenses?  And then in the next episode Gideon is back to fabricating food.  Oh, and they are also supposed to have universal translators, but here they struggled to speak French.

Anyway, I am left with one very important question:  Was that really Thomas F. Wilson singing?  Because that was really good!  :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 09 December 2018 - 12:28 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 01 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

~ ~ ~

4x03: Introduces Charlie the ex-shapeshifter.  Also, Zari gives Constantine a lesson on the temporal mechanics of interacting with one's personal timeline.  (Including a rather colorful variation on the grandfather paradox.)

And you shouldn't wait, because ep 4x02 is probably only available for a couple more days!  :o  (Edit: specifically, new episodes air on mondays, and go on-demand on tuesdays.)

SFG

Little reminder that ep 4x03 probably disappears at the end of Monday! :oh:  That lesson in temporal mechanics is about to become very relevant (in a different setting).  Also, it showcases how Ray's optimism can be just the thing to save the day, even when it seems like the last thing that is needed.  :)

~ ~ ~

4x04: More character driven stuff.  I can say more later, when I have time.

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 November 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

This show is almost completely driven by character interaction.

It really is!

One thing this show does exceptionally well, especially when there are new characters getting to know each other, is put them together in different pairs to explore different interactions.  Often two characters with the most contrast at first, who wind up surprising themselves when they discover what they have in common.  We see this here with the Mona-Ava-Nora interaction.  That is also a big part of ep 4x04, when Constantine and Ray must work together, which turns out really interesting.  Also in that episode, Sara and Ava get more couple time, with Sara helping Ava work through some of her lack of childhood issues.  

The setting?  Monster eats kids at a summer camp!  :freakoutnonny:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 09 December 2018 - 12:45 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 09 December 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

Anyway, I am left with one very important question:  Was that really Thomas F. Wilson singing?  Because that was really good!  :cool:
And playing guitar, probably; Wilson actually is a singer/songwriter.

"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:37 PM

^ That's hilarious!!  :howling:  And awesome!!!  :D

"Can I take your picture?  Come on, look mean!"

:facepalm-a1e:  :lol:

Thanks for posting that Cybersnark!  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Even the Minotaur practically seemed like an afterthought.  
I thought that, too. It was basically a McGuffin to drive the plot. Kind of a shame, because Minotaurs are cool.

Little reminder that ep 4x03 probably disappears at the end of Monday! :oh:
I actually managed to watch it yesterday.  I'll post in the thread for that episode.  :)

One thing this show does exceptionally well, especially when there are new characters getting to know each other, is put them together in different pairs to explore different interactions.  
That's what I always loved about superhero team books when I used to read comics.  All the contrasting personalities.

View PostCybersnark, on 09 December 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

And playing guitar, probably; Wilson actually is a singer/songwriter.  
It wasn't real manure?  :(

#12 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,825 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 09 December 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Even the Minotaur practically seemed like an afterthought.  
I thought that, too. It was basically a McGuffin to drive the plot. Kind of a shame, because Minotaurs are cool.

It made sense to pit the Minotaur against noted bullfighting enthusiast Ernest Hemingway, though. Also, if you're going to have a creature stalking the maze-like catacombs of Paris, who better?
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users