8 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

GM is shutting down plants willy-nilly.

The problem is the money mentality. GM wants cheap $2-hr Mexican labour. Ideally, this means paying no money at all. The cheapest labour is slave labour.

This invites the obvious redneck view that the US should be importing brown people to be worked to death in US factories. After all, the people coming over the border represent an endless supply. Why bother feeding them? Just work 'em to death for no pay and no food and no benefits. You can't get more economical than that.

You could even do the Soilent Green thing and feed them to themselves.

Not ethical, you say?

Neither is exploiting cheap labour in another country.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

I've heard ( not sure if it's true) that the plant shutdowns and elimination of six current car models, two Cadillacs, Chevy's electric hybrid Volt, Cruze, Impala, and Buick LaCrosse are being blamed on steel tariffs raising prices. I'd read before this that the 4 door sedan segment sales had markedly slowed, that consumers prefer SUV's. I guess that's why one sees so many four door sedan Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundais, VWs, BMWs, and Mercedes sedans on the road. So what is GM going to have left to sell? Big trucks and SUV's? One little war in the Middle East with these clowns in charge and gas shoots up to ten bucks or more per gallon. No more GM, unless they switch to bicycles, skateboards, and scooters.

Edited by yadda yadda, 28 November 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

GM says it's shifting its focus to electric cars, which it needs to produce cheaper because they're more expensive to make and sell.

That much I can understand.

Bailing out ailing businesses is something I'll never agree with. If they're failing, let 'em die out. Same with the bank bailouts. Make the buggers work for their existence and struggle, like everyone else.

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

BC is working toward only electric cars by 2040, only a fool would keep producing gas mobiles.
You do need them for heavy duty work but for your standard run-about, electric will suit most people's needs.
Now if they can get the batteries to cover a 500 k distance in one charge.

Last stats I read said they will not get me to the nearest city and back/100 k without a recharge.
Waiting a half hour for them to charge up, if you can find a charging station...Does not appeal to most.

I suspect we can see a lot more automotive lines going to the way of the dinosaurs.
More plastic bodies for lighter weight so less need for steel.
The plastic does not rust and bodies will last forever if they are UV resistant, it's what is made of steel that kills them.

Here we go, send the slaves out to clear up the plastic in the oceans etc and turn them into cars.
If your going to be a stinking greedy capitalist slaver at least make up for it by doing something for the planet while your at it.

I do hope they find a way to recycle the batteries before they go into production. They are evil incarnate on an ecological platform.

Edit:
Me forget to mention the alternative of hydrogen fueled cars. They didn't go into their components.
I need to research this, one good law suit and Mr. PI will be richer than the Rothschild family.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 29 November 2018 - 06:31 PM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

I keep wondering what's going to happen in the agricultural sector. It's all heavy machinery. But when the petrol runs out, it's curtains for big infernal combustion engines.

#6 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:21 PM

The gas will last a lot longer if the average driver is not sucking it up.

I would not worry too much, I was just complaining to myself about the huge pine trees Hydro one left for me to clean up on my front hill.Their lines run over my driveway so they are suppose to take the big trees down for me.
I got the small ones but they refuse to chop up the ones the size of rhinos.

There is a system we are no longer privy to using two cones to break gravity and move heavy object.
I believe they tap into the magnetic fields.
(One finds out about this stuff by keeping an eye on the archaeologist.)
A little tinkering and those machine will be turning soil.

#7 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

What's high-larious is the fact that we'll simply be back to the way things were in the 19th century. Maybe steam engines will make a comeback?

On the cutting edge, a motor-less plane recently made its first test-flight. It runs on electromagnetic energy.

#8 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

As someone who has spent the last 8 years, 6 hours a day on Youtube reviewing every UFO and historical video as they came out, my first thought when I saw your link was: At last they reverse engineered the UFO that crashed in the 40's.
It has been reported that it's magnetic field analyses was disrupted as the reason for the crash.

Add some grease paint and a colorful wig and you can guess what I think of the Bozo in your link!

Nice try, good science at least.

I was thinking also that tptb are nearing their inevitable grand appearance too, after all the Antarctica flare ups.
Not yet it would seem.
Big argument as to why they keep hidden. Sure they are waiting for us to evolve yet they do nothing to educate more than they can control.

#9 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:59 PM

You can see them at night with a good telescope. Just follow the paths of dark objects coming between Earth and stars. Nothing to be seen but absence.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users