Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 6 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 12 - 1500 px.jpg

MONDAY, DECEMBER 3

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Hell No, Dolly!" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

RIPPLE EFFECT - With Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Ava (Jes Macallan) at odds, Sara (Caity Lotz) tries to come up with a way for them to get along, but all is put on hold when a new magical creature attacks the Legends. Constantine (Matt Ryan) is forced to confront his tragic past but it could have devastating consequences for the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) has a crush on someone she works with and gets some advice from Nate (Nick Zano).

Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson- Sellers also star. April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust wrote the episode (#407). Original airdate 12/3/2018.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5YgXslP5v

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:27 PM

That title!!  :lol:  I can't believe they are still doing that!!!  :laughtears:

Context for newbies:  Victor Garber was in the first several seasons of the show.  And they went out of their way to make references to "The Titanic", as often as they could, because Victor Garber was in the movie "Titanic".  They must have commented four or five times, over two and a half seasons.   (Even hosting something of a reunion, when Billy Zane showed up.)

Then Victor Garber left the show partway through season 3, to go back to the theater.  Starring in ... can you guess?  Hello Dolly!  :howling:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

More context: Victor Garber played Professor Martin Stein, one of the two people who merged into the superhero Firestorm. After his departure from the team, the Legends were briefly joined by an empathetic guest character who tried to get them to work through their emotions about it, in part by using a puppet of Stein as a roleplaying aid. Mick Rory hates puppets and dolls, so the puppet therapy did not go well with him. (It also didn't help that the "therapist" was an alternate-universe doppelganger of his deceased ex-partner Captain Cold. Long story.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostChristopher, on 04 December 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

More context: Victor Garber played Professor Martin Stein, one of the two people who merged into the superhero Firestorm. After his departure from the team, the Legends were briefly joined by an empathetic guest character who tried to get them to work through their emotions about it, in part by using a puppet of Stein as a roleplaying aid. Mick Rory hates puppets and dolls, so the puppet therapy did not go well with him. (It also didn't help that the "therapist" was an alternate-universe doppelganger of his deceased ex-partner Captain Cold. Long story.)

Oh gosh, I had forgotten all about that!!!!  :howling:

Now I'm looking at this pic again!  :freakoutnonny:

Legends of Tomorrow 4-7, pic - 6 - 1500 px.jpg

:freakoutnonny:  :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 December 2018 - 10:18 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

I'm sorry that Victor Garber isn't around anymore.  He's pretty cool.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 04 December 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'm sorry that Victor Garber isn't around anymore.  He's pretty cool.

While he was around, he was the first-billed actor on the show, followed by Brandon Routh and then Caity Lotz, even though Lotz has been the de facto series lead since season 2, and even though Garber's role was often relatively small in season 3, presumably due to his other commitments. I suppose the actors were billed based on their prominence in their overall careers rather than their prominence on the show. And once credit order is set, it's rarely rearranged.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostChristopher, on 04 December 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

Christopher!  You called it!!!  :howling:  :freakoutnonny:

And, ok, that was a lot of changes leading into next week.  This is gonna get bonkers!  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

So ... yes, that was the puppet version of Martin Stein. :lol:  So, even though Victor Garber is busy on Hello Dolly, a version of him still got to appear in this episode!!!  :lol:

As I mentioned, a lot happened in this episode.  We find out exactly what Constantine's troubling past is, and who is hunting him.

But there was also a reminder of some of the rules of time travel.  Constantine mentioned how the timeline takes a bit to 'cement', a recurring concept on this show.  But he also learned that "Time wants to happen", as Rip put it in season 1.  Meaning, it is not easy to make a deliberate change to the timeline, because time will try to correct itself back to the way it was before.  If you prevent a certain event from happening, it will just happen in a different way and/or at a different time instead, leaving the consequences and the rest of the timeline unchanged.  

Constantine learned this the hard way, though he did manage to find a way.  Unfortunately, he never learned to accept the rules about what should not be changed, so ... :freakoutnonny:  :lol:

Then there was Mick and Ava not getting along:  "How come you get to have a fake girlfriend and I don't?"  :rolleyes:

And Gary, if you want a girl to like you, you're gonna have to dial up the empathy just a bit!  :o

And those poor creatures getting taken by soldiers for ... experiments?  Or what?  What is Hank up to?  That really needs to be stopped.  :headshake:

And that ending!  Mona injured!  Reality wave!  Zari is a ... CAT?!?!?!?!!!  :freakoutnonny: :howling: :howling: :howling:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users