SUPERNATURAL - S14, E8 - "BYZANTIUM"...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

When Sam and Dean join forces with an unexpected ally, the outcome will alter the course of two lives. Meanwhile, Heaven faces an attack from a dark force, driving Castiel to make an enormous sacrifice to make things right.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

At last, more on what is happening in Heaven.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:39 AM

Quite a bit happened here.

Castiel making that deal... he is fully a Winchester.  That is the prerequisite to be a member of that family.  I think I figured out why The Shadow has it in for Castiel, or more specifically, why it was him who woke The Shadow up.  Remember when he killed Billie in "FIRST BLOOD", after she was about to take one of the boys souls?  There was going to a cosmic consequence, and I think that's it.  Because of that, it was why he was awake in the Empty and why it woke up.

And nice callback to Osiris, one of the few times a season 7 episode is referenced.

And Lily... it was a nice ending for Lily.  I think she was a tortured soul, and her sacrificing her last bit of it to save Jack was a nice touch.  She gave up her soul to regain it.  Very poetic.

And nice to see Naomi again... I always liked her character, and Amanda Tapping.

I really enjoyed this episode.

#4 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:06 PM

I really enjoyed this episode too.  So many touching moments.

They couldn't have picked a better actor to play the older Lilly, she was perfect.  When she found out that she was going to see her daughter again it made me cry like a little girl.

I loved that Jack got to spend time with his mother.  I loved that all three of them, Sam, Dean, and Castiel professed that they love Jack like he was their own child.

I don't like that Castiel and Jack are keeping his deal with the Shadow a secret.  We all know that never ends well.   What's the deal with this Shadow creature anyway?  Why can't it just go back to sleep?

So does this mean that Jack has all his powers back again?

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, Veronica Cartwright always brings it to every role I have seen her in.  (ALIEN, THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK, THE X-FILES in a few episodes, others)

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

So it looks like maybe Lucifer's not back at all-- at least not yet. Given the black goo that invaded Heaven, it seems like we were looking at the Guardian of the Big Empty leaving the Big Empty in the last episode.  And he or she is batshit crazy.  And now there is another secret deal looming over somebody's head.  Cute how that was foreshadowed when Dean thought for a moment that Sam had made a deal with a Crossroads Demon or something.

A lot happened in this episode, that's for sure.  Jack died, Lily Sunder returns, we meet Anubis (who directs people to Heaven or Hell, but doesn't choose where they go), Naomi returns, Dumah returns, the Guardian of the Big Empty returns (didn't I have a nickname for him?) and invades Heaven, Kelly returns, Cass sells his soul to nothingness, Jack is resurrected, and Lily dies. I loved how her one last good deed, even after she learned she was going to Hell, was enough to recalculate her abacus and get her into Heaven.  I also got a kick out of Jack's idea of Heaven.

And all those other-dimensional Hunters are still MIA-- too many recurring characters in this one.  :D

View PostFarscapeOne, on 07 December 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

And nice to see Naomi again... I always liked her character, and Amanda Tapping.  
And Erica Cerra, who used to be in Eureka.  I was relieved that she wasn't killed by the Shadow.

View PostM.E., on 07 December 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

What's the deal with this Shadow creature anyway?  Why can't it just go back to sleep?  
And why is it so crazy?

View PostFarscapeOne, on 07 December 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Yeah, Veronica Cartwright always brings it to every role I have seen her in.  (ALIEN, THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK, THE X-FILES in a few episodes, others)  
Make Room For Daddy, Leave It To Beaver....  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

Make Room For Daddy

Leave It To Beaver

It was her sister Angela who was in Make Room for Daddy. Veronica killed as Rod Taylor's kid sister in The Birds.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

^^  Veronica was in it, too, as a guest star.  I'm not sure if she ever had a regular series gig like Angela did.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users