Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

DOCTOR WHO - S11, E10 - "THE BATTLE OF RANSKOOR AV KOLOS"...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

On the planet of Ranskoor Av Kolos, lies the remains of a brutal battlefield. But as the Doctor, Graham, Yaz, and Ryan answer nine separate distress calls, they discover the planet holds far more secrets. Who is the mysterious commander with no memory? What lies beyond the mists? Who or what are the Ux? The answers will lead the Doctor and her friends towards a deadly reckoning.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:49 AM

This is the season finale.

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,826 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 09 December 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

This is the season finale.

Excepting the special epsiode that will air on New Year's Day (in place of the usual Christmas special).
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:44 AM

Yes, but as with other Christmas specials, they are not part of the actual season.  Which is the reason why I said this is the season finale.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 09 December 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,826 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

^Yeah, but I think that's just a technicality when the special airs just 23 days after the "finale." The point isn't about what labels you put on things, it's about how many more episodes people can expect to see in the near future. Tell people it's the season finale without mentioning the special, and you give the misleading impression that there won't be any more episodes for months. The fact that there's another one in just three weeks is worth mentioning, regardless of labels.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#6 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

Or, as most everyone here who follows these DW threads is a fan of the series and knows the routine over the years, they know a special is coming up for Christmas.  Or in this year's case, New Year's.

I know everyone here is smart enough to know this.  So I didn't feel the need to explain it.

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,826 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Sheesh, I was just trying to be polite and let people know.

Facebook Author Page

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

Well, that was certainly a short season.  I hope they up the count a bit next year.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Me, too.

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

Word is that there will be exactly one episode, the New Year's Day special, in 2019. Season 12 arrives in 2020.

BBC seems to have gone after more US viewers by mandating well-known guest stars who were regulars on programs widely seen in America: Mark Addy, Chris Noth, Phyllis Logan, Siobhan Finneran, Josh Bowman, Alan Cumming.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

I read that the new season starts filming in early 2019, so it makes sense that we won't see any episodes for a year. :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

Battle of... Rancid Yak Colon didn't feel like a proper finale, but S11 hasn't felt like a proper series, Chibnall hasn't felt like a proper writer, and Whittaker hasn't felt like a proper Doctor. Graham and Ryan get to bond over missing Grace (played by a much more interesting actor than Whittaker; I wouldn't have minded having her as the Doctor), and Yaz gets to... be there, to have the Doctor spout off exposition at her. This rubbish got hyped as the best thing in DW's history, with Whittaker infinitely better than Terrible Old Capaldi... and she could barely act her way out of a paper bag with those clunky, tedious scripts, though she could certainly wave her freakin' sonic around like a magic Harry Potter wand.

S11 has actually made me not care if I ever see DW on TV again, just how I felt after that terrible mess of a 1996 TV Movie (though Paul McGann made a lovely Doctor). Congratulations, Chibnall... if your plan was to make the worst dumbed-down silliness imaginable in hopes that it would lead to cancellation.
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

I finally got to see the season finale and it was pretty good and it indeed brought the season full circle.  I knew that fist bump was coming.  :lol:  It was no surprise to see the return of Tim Shaw and no surprise that he was thirsty for  revenge, but the exact circumstances were surprising and interesting. The Ux were an interesting concept-- mostly for the idea of being a species of two.  And their story carried a nice little caution about letting a fraudulent god exploit your religious beliefs.

The character interactions were as good as we've come to expect, except that Yaz still got the short end of the stick in that department.  But it was great to see how the relationship between Graham and Ryan has evolved ("What did you say?" "I'm not gonna say it twice. Don't pretend you didn't hear."  :lol:).  Graham was almost ready to get revenge on Tim Shaw, but Ryan has progressed to the point where he has become the voice of Grace.  I also loved the scene where they discovered that there were dozens of people in stasis and his instant reaction was, "How can we get them out of here?"

Overall, I thought the season was very good and the episodic format was a breath of fresh air. I hope we get more of the same next year, except with a bit more Yaz.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users