SUPERNATURAL - S14, E9 - "THE SPEAR"...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:45 AM

Sam and Dean enlist the help of their pal Garth to gain inside information on what Michael may be planning. The brothers split up to each go after weapons that can aid in their fight against the Archangel, but this may be a fight our heroes cannot win.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

Cool, Garth is back.

There's also a rumor that Papa Winchester will be back in February for episode 300.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

The rumor is true.  It was announced either yesterday or today.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

Sweet. I've been hoping for him to come back for a long time.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

Man, Michael commands a huge army of monsters and we only see two henchmen, plus a clueless kid werewolf and infiltrator Garth. They must have blown the entire extras budget on all those refugees from the alt-universe.

I'm not pleased they are back to square one with Michael possessing Dean again.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#6 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:34 AM

On the other hand, I prefer that over only 2 episodes of Michael inside Dean.  I felt that was a mistake repeated from the beginning of season 10.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

This episode was pretty good, but it was definitely a setup episode. Michael destroyed the egg and the spear (Dark Kaia will be pissed) and revealed his plan to convert the entire population of Kansas City, Missouri. Very devious of him to throw everyone off by not going for Kansas City, Kansas.  And then, just as it seemed like Dean would get the best of him, Michael repossessed him.  And is about to snap his fingers and bring the hammer down.

Michael's reason for letting Dean go for a while was interesting. At first it seemed kind of lame, but then I thought that it might be foreshadowing.  He complained that Dean wouldn't stop squirming, which seems like it should be trivial to an Archangel, but if Michael had to come up with a scheme to break Dean's spirit, then Dean must have represented a real threat to him. This is especially interesting given the previews for the next episode where it seems that Sam and Castiel enter Dean's brain (and I'm expecting at least a hard R rating). Maybe Michael will be defeated in the playground of Dean's mind.

Either that or they'll bring back Lucifer to defeat Michael, just like they used Michael to defeat Lucifer, and we'll spend the rest of the series alternating showdowns with Lucifer and Michael every season.

It was nice to see Garth again, especially when he went all Werewolf. I hope he sticks around for a while. And I got a kick out of Ketch's cameo when he mailed the egg.   "Oh. Sorry, blokes."  :D  Still no budget for those other-dimensional Hunters, though....

#8 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

It looks like, based on the preview, that they'll try to do for Dean what Crowley did for Sam in season 9's "ROAD TRIP".

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users