The Planetary Union returns

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville" has its season two premiere on FOX on Sunday, Sept. 30th.  It will then be moving to its regular Thursday time slot on January 3rd.

Right now Amazon has a sale on 'The Orville, Season 1."  The digital copy can be purchased for $9.99.  The DVD has a reduced price of $16.97.  (When asked on Twitter why "The Orville" had received only a DVD release, MacFarlane jokingly responded the season was also available on 8-Track, Betamax, and VHS.)

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:56 PM

I can't wait!  I'll do the episode threads.

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostJorgasnarova, on 23 December 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville" has its season two premiere on FOX on Sunday, Sept. 30th.  It will then be moving to its regular Thursday time slot on January 3rd.

Yay!!  :D  Also, *cough*December*cough*.  ;)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

Wow, I wish I knew that season one is available on 8-Track. I wonder if they'll put it out on vinyl.  I got my DVDs a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.  It's got a bunch of special features, which I wasn't expecting.

I'm psyched about season two. The trailer looks wonderful.

Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

Ouch.  I wrote September?!  Sorry....

(Slinking off very embarassed....)

#6 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

The DVD special features are essentially the little YouTube behind the scenes shorts, and a couple of panel discussions.  A tad spare, I thought....

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Well, I surprised to see anything. I don't think any extras were listed in the original Amazon solicitation.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

A treat for season two:  the episode budgets are higher and the running times longer than the season one episodes.  The producers are evidently striving for more of a cinematic feature film look this season.  The season opener evidently will not be the season one finale episode, which for some reason was held back.  Rumors are this episode has been somewhat re-tooled and re-edited to make it a better fit into season two.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users