BLACK MIRROR - "Bandersnatch"...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:48 AM

Choose your own ending to determine what happens to a game designer in 1984 writing a choose-your-own-ending adventure.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:52 AM

I don't know know if anyone here watches BLACK MIRROR, but I absolutely LOVE this show.

And it recently released an interactive movie.  I thought it very innovative, and is a bit of a mirror about who we are as an audience.

I have to go through more of the options before I say more, but I wanted to stsrt a thread in case others already watched this.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,418 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Sounds like a DVD I got many years ago, and must still have, which was basically in the format of a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. You used the remote to make onscreen choices.  It's a cool idea, but sadly it never caught on.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

I was not impressed. All the bells and whistles can't hide the fact that Stefan's story isn't very interesting: Early trauma, Daddy issues, struggles to produce a well reviewed game, downer future life.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 02 January 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

Sounds like a DVD I got many years ago, and must still have, which was basically in the format of a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. You used the remote to make onscreen choices.  It's a cool idea, but sadly it never caught on.

I had a couple of LaserDiscs like that -- MysteryDisc, a "series" (two installments long) of interactive murder mysteries starring Paul Gleason as the hard-boiled detective lead, where the case unfolded differently depending on which path you chose. The first one had Lea Thompson in the cast.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#6 Doppleganger

Doppleganger
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:14 AM

Loved this it was quite entertaining and wonderfully subversive as it spends the whole episode mocking you the audience, making you feel guilty for messing with the life and fragile psyche of the main character then showing you that none of the choices you make have any meaningful effect.
“Is that not blasphemy? Defying the will of the Covenant?’

‘No,’ said the captain. ‘It was a tactical retreat in the face of overwhelming boredom.”
The First Heretic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users