Supergirl: Suspicious Minds

Supergirl DC CW

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Supergirl came back from the break with a great episode that had a heartbreaking ending.

Seriously, it feels like the writers are cutting Supergirl off from her usual support system. Winn and Mon-El left at the end of season 3. Clark has now left Earth for nine months or more. Supergirl was fired from the DEO. Now Alex has had her memory wiped that Kara is Supergirl.

Can I say how happy I am that the show acknowledged that several DEO agents know Supergirl's secret identity? She was never all that careful with it in past season so I like that her carelessness has come back to bite her on the butt.

Colonel Haley continues to prove how horrible of a human being she is. She had no remorse for what she had done to the Morae and had no problem killing them all to keep herself safe. She also has no compunction about using Kara's secret identity to force Supergirl to be her puppet. I really want to see her get what is coming to her.

I keep forgetting about the Red Daughter plot line. It has just been quietly simmering in the background while Agent Liberty takes up most of the focus. I wonder when she will take center stage?

J'onn's new digs look awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing a series or even a limited episode event showcasing Martian Manhunter, Private Eye. Brainy trying to bribe J'onn to help Kara was priceless.

Jimmy and Lena have repaired their relationship, at least somewhat. Jimmy didn't seem to share Lena's enthusiasm about giving all humans super powers. Still, I am just so glad they are doing more with Jimmy this season.

Nia is one step closer to embracing a superhero identity, even if that step is just a binder full of costume and codename suggestions provided by Brainy.

It is going to be tough for Kara moving forward with Alex having no idea of her true identity. Alex is the one person who has always been there for her and now that lifeline is gone.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users