• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

I'm binge-watching SG-1. I forgot how much I enjoyed it's humor.

a.jpg

Col. O' Neill: Excuse me, but is anyone else here, like, suddenly BLIND!
Teal'c: I do not believe that is the greatest change confronting us at present.

#2 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:49 PM

Herak: No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of.

Col. O'Neill: You ended that sentence with a preposition. Bastard!

Edited by Omega, 06 February 2019 - 10:50 PM.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Ah, I miss the days of Stargate. I wish the franchise could be resurrected (and Stargate Universe forgotten. Which reminds me, whatever happened to that Stargate streaming service and the prequel?  I'll have to do some Googling.....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

I suspect since you can't find the show on Netflix that it's too close to the truth. RJD.
Hard to treat thinking humans as mushrooms if the jig is out in the open.
Not saying that it's spot on, but there are some odd things being discovered and broadcast to us lay folks to chew on.
The show might expos gods as aliens and not Gods.
It would make no difference to the self reliant but religions could take a nose dive.

I heard along the channels that our overloads are about to step out of the shadows with all the Antarctica news of this past year.

What about that almost square iceberg that recently was found floating in the southern seas?
Humans don't have the tech for that. It certainly not natural.
Reminds me of the nonsense the time traveling crop circle dudes like to pull.

Now is the time to invest in real estate in New Zealand. IMHO. Not necessarily in the Christ Church areas.  That would be too foolish since it's a quake zone.
Ah Ha,  irony.

Edit:

It is an explanation but they used a computer to voice over.
I want to hear from actual accredited scientists.
This one is not as bad as the other one I found. It was too choc full of propaganda. IMHO
The fact that this comes from NASA also makes this clip suspicious.

Time will tell, they are exposed on too many levels to stay hidden for much longer.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 11 February 2019 - 12:32 AM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Sad news.  :cry:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 11 February 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

What about that almost square iceberg that recently was found floating in the southern seas?  
I wonder if it's proportions are 1:4:9.  That would be really weird.  :unsure:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 11 February 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sad news.  :cry:  
Very sad indeed. I always liked seeing him show up on Stargate.

And I'm not sure about Netflix, but Stargate: Origins is available through Amazon Prime. I've put it on my watch list. The Stargate Command streaming service is still alive, and it's only $20 for a full year.  That's not bad.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:16 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 February 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostD.Rabbit, on 11 February 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

I wonder if it's proportions are 1:4:9.  That would be really weird.  :unsure:

It's hard to say. I've watched a few other videos where the berg is part of a compilation.
None of them have the same description.
Some say it's square, some say it's almost a perfect rectangle, others say it only has 3 corners.
What is with the images? They only show one end.
Typical Goa'uld arc.

Nice to hear that the show is being released to the public again.
I came across a Youtube site called Anonymous Official.
They see the world the same way I do. Where the original gods forced us into slavery but they where only lazy aliens that didn't want to the work themselves.
I don't agree with everything of course, a lot of the history is up for interpretation because it's in Sumerian.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

Not going to lie but this was a random SG-1 moment that stuck in my head. I had such a crush on Ben Browder. This episode had multiple Browders and two of them end up in underwear.

Posted Image

Oh,  and any Vala moment. I LOVE Vala. This is from the season 9 episode "The Ties that Bind" where the gang have to go on an epic quest of all of Vala's horrible deals and impersonations to find a way to remove the bracelets that keep Vala and Daniel bound together.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Mitchell and Vala (and Landry) were all great characters.  I think the show stayed strong, even with the cast changes.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users