Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - S2, E4: "An Obol for Charon"...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

A mysterious sphere threatens the U.S.S. Discovery even as May, in her original form, implements a plan that puts Tilly's life in danger. Saru and Burnham's bond grows when Saru is forced to acknowledge a deeply unsettling Kelpien truth. Pike receives new intel on Spock from a loyal friend.

#2 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

What were people's conclusions about what happened with Saru's ganglia? Has he become a special case because of his interactions with the sphere, or would this naturally happen to all Kelpiens if they didn't either get culled or commit suicide when the "disease"--which seems like a very unpleasant form of puberty--strikes?
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

^^It seems like the implication of the episode was that all Kelpians would survive the ejection of their ganglia if they lived normally.  Certainly, previews for upcoming episodes suggest it
Spoiler

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

^"This timeline" is meant to be the same timeline as every other Trek TV series, despite the differences in visual interpretation and detail. All the previous Trek shows and movies have similar differences in interpretation from one another, and there have always been fans who wanted to believe it put them in a separate reality (going all the way back to the original movies), but the conceit of the creators has always been that they're part of a single common history, and that hasn't changed except in the Bad Robot feature films.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

Another great episode.

A living, galactic dead sea scroll... this was a lovely idea.  I wonder if this ties in to the SHORT TREK "CALYPSO", in how the ship becomes sentient.  Having all that amassed knowledge must have done something.

And Saru... I think all Kelpiens really live longer, and the Baul are keeping them subservient for some reason.  I wonder if the Baul are nefarious, or maybe they are really taking them to a better world.  Maybe even one where they are a thriving, advanced society.  Different dimension, even.

This season has been a MUCH better one than season 1.  I look forward to the rest.

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

They are now suggesting that the Red Angel is a time-traveling humanoid with access to tech well beyond the pre-TOS level. I will hate it if the
RA turns out to be another well known Trek figure.

I think the Ba'ul are eating the Kelpiens they cull. Why else would Kelpien ganglia be considered a delicacy in the Mirror Universe? Of course, since they fall off, the ganglia, not the whole Kelpienn could be all that serve as meat to other species.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users