• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

The communities thought they could build a better future separately, but the recent loss of one of their own drives them to band together; new leaders rise when a disturbing and dangerous threat is unmasked; an escaped captive revisits his past.

An escaped captive revisits his past.  Yeah, he had dinner with Sam, Dean, and Mary last week.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Well, this felt like a low-key episode, although we did have a couple of interesting developments.

Negan, now free, wandered boldly around Alexandria, eating other people's fruit and sneaking into their houses. He stole Judith's watch and a shovel and was about to jump the wall when Judith stopped him at gunpoint. She ended up letting him go, but once he made it back to the abandoned Sanctuary he was unhappy with what he found and, after killing a few Walkers decided to just go back to his cell at Alexandria. Why? Is it really because the world he knew is gone?  Has he become accustomed to his safe little underground haven where all his meals are brought to him?  Or is he scheming?   Time will tell.  Also, I thought there were still some ex-Saviors at the Sanctuary-- or was that just before the time jump?

Back at the Hilltop, Micchone and Daryl returned with Jesus' body and the lone surviving Whisperer. She was apparently so fearful that she was unable to give coherent answers.  They threw her in the cell next to Henry, who was very upset with Daryl for being so hard on the poor young girl-- but he was just setting things up so that Henry would be the unwitting good cop, as he listened outside the window.  But, again, are things what they appear to be?  The girl's behavior is at odds with what we've seen of the Whisperers so far-- and what we see at the end of the episode-- so I'm inclined to distrust her.

So first we have the Whisperers in the cemetery, who attacked our people and killed Jesus, and then track them and try to kill them again on the bridge.  Then we have a group of Whisperers who set a trap for Alden and the Music Man and capture them at the end of the episode.  I don't think the Whisperers are just pathetic ragamuffins trying to survive in a world gone mad.

And in Soap Opera news:  Rosita is pregnant. Gabriel is not the father.  The doctor is. And Eugene is now feeling doubly left out.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

I could do without the Eugene pining over Rosita drama.  Give the guy a half-dozen episodes after being back in the fold before going down some pathetic path with him again.

Also, I thought there were still some ex-Saviors at the Sanctuary-- or was that just before the time jump?
That was before the timejump.  There was a discussion at some point that the community had fallen apart... it probably came up when Carol got attacked by former Saviors when she was taking Henry to Hilltop?

I think the girl definitely proved that the pathetic ragamuffin theory is out when she gave in and told Darryl that they were always going to kill our heroes because that's what they do to survive... you're either one of the Whisperers or you're a threat that needs to be taken out asap.  I was glad Darryl turned out to be listening in on Henry's White Knight routine, but OMG, that kid is old enough to not be this stupid!

Also had to love how convenient it was that Judith happened to be out wandering in the woods right where Negan was driving by.  The kids in Hilltop and the Kingdom always seem to have caregivers around, but Alexandria apparently doesn't care that an eight-year-old(?) is off running around the woods on her own?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

Niko: Unfortunately, you can't always fix stupid.  Not even with time. :lol:

And as good as Daryl is, that might have been his plan that entire jail sequence (to turn Henry into an 'out' for the girl and then listen in).
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostNiko, on 12 February 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

I could do without the Eugene pining over Rosita drama.  Give the guy a half-dozen episodes after being back in the fold before going down some pathetic path with him again.  
And I don't understand why he has a thing for Rosita. She's out of his league, for one thing, but there's got to be someone more compatible with him among all the people in Alexandria and Hilltop.

That was before the timejump.  There was a discussion at some point that the community had fallen apart... it probably came up when Carol got attacked by former Saviors when she was taking Henry to Hilltop?  
Ohh, you're right. That was the last of the Saviors that she killed.

Also had to love how convenient it was that Judith happened to be out wandering in the woods right where Negan was driving by.  The kids in Hilltop and the Kingdom always seem to have caregivers around, but Alexandria apparently doesn't care that an eight-year-old(?) is off running around the woods on her own?  
It's like she somehow knew where he would be.

View PostFnlPrblm, on 12 February 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

And as good as Daryl is, that might have been his plan that entire jail sequence (to turn Henry into an 'out' for the girl and then listen in).  
I'm pretty sure it was.  He went right out and sat by the window to listen in.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users