Fire up the Spore Drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 601 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Star Trek Discovery has been renewed for a third season on CBS All Access.  

https://ew.com/tv/20...overy-season-3/

Alex Kurtzman, who reluctantly became showrunner during season 2 after Gretchen Burg and Aaron Harberts were sacked after allegations of abusive treatment of the writing staff, will be stepping down.  Taking over as showrunner for year 3 of Discovery will be Kurtzman's deputy, Michelle Paradise, who worked with Kurtzman throughout year 2.

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

Kurtzman isn't stepping down, just stepping back, because he has a bunch of shows to oversee including DSC. Paradise will be his co-showrunner on season 3.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 601 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Indeed.  Mr. Kurtzman is juggling quite a few Trek plates in the air right now.  The animated show.  The Section 31 show.  The Picard show.  And although he will no longer be the "in the trenches" showrunner, his involvement with Discovery will no doubt continue.

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

I'm not watching the show but I am glad it has been renewed. It is nice to see Star Trek on the air again even if I personally don't watch it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostJorgasnarova, on 27 February 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

Indeed.  Mr. Kurtzman is juggling quite a few Trek plates in the air right now.  The animated show.  The Section 31 show.  The Picard show.  And although he will no longer be the "in the trenches" showrunner, his involvement with Discovery will no doubt continue.

Two animated shows, in fact -- the adult comedy Lower Decks for CBS All Access, and a more kid-friendly one for Nickelodeon. Not to mention Hawaii Five-0 -- which seems to be his only non-Trek series left, now that Scorpion and Salvation have ended.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users