Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - S2, E7: "Light and Shadows"...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Burnham goes to Vulcan in search of Spock, where she unearths surprising family secrets. In researching what is left of the Red Angel's signal over Kaminar, Pike and Tyler end up in battle with time itself. Georgiou has a few tricks up her sleeve for Leland and Section 31.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

Some great stuff here.  A lot more getting set up, pieces falling in place, revelations.  But still raises questions.

Spock is dyslexic... interesting revelation.  It sounds like another reason why he always pushed himself harder and harder, and tried to be more Vulcan than other Vulcans.  It's really cool that this series is doing things like that, and it does fit without having to be forced.

Section 31... what is Georgiou's long game?  She clearly used Burnham so she can make Leland look bad.  Could she be trying to become leader of it?  Assuming she has knowledge of future events from the Defiant, she would be in the perfect position to manipulate things.  Maybe she actually gets greater control of Section 31 and will be the one to push it further in the shadows... on purpose.  Probably thinks she can get things done better and more effectively like that.

Talos IV... I did not see that coming.  Is that General Order in effect at this point, or is it not made until after whatever is coming up?

That probe, and the Red Angel.  What if we're thinking about this backwards?  Could they both be from the PAST, not the future?  There have been really old and technologically advanced civilizations in STAR TREK.  What if one of them is actually behind all this?

The Tkon?  Iconians?  The D'Arsay?
Guardian of Forever builders? Sargon's people?  Those forebearers from TNG's "The Chase"?  The people who created that ocean planet in VOYAGER's "THIRTY DAYS"?  A different one never mentioned?

Edited by FarscapeOne, 07 March 2019 - 02:01 AM.

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

The text of the General Order 7 order seen in "The Menagerie" implies that it was put into effect on Pike and Spock's recommendation following their first visit to Talos IV, although I suppose that could be finessed.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

Because I see every new episode the minute it is available, I am getting aced out of much speculation.

From Discovery's track record, though. I'm betting that the Red Angel is not from a given species but is an individual whom we know already. I would, in fact, surmise it might be a future Spock, although that would give him an awful long time to keep a secret.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users