Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - S2, E9: "Project Daedalus"...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

When the Discovery crew infiltrates Section 31's headquarters, suspicions arise that the crew may have a traitor in their midst. Burnham tries to help Spock but her efforts don't go as planned.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

This was a great episode.  A lot of great little moments, and high tension all around.

Spock and chess... that is one of the cornerstones of his mind.  It is an excellent representation of his being.  Great scene between him and Michael.

So Airiam is cybernetically augmented.  I wonder how common that is, and if such augmentation is lessened after this incident, which would explain why we never really see such extreme augmentation in later shows.  And speaking of her... I am very, very sad she was killed.  I was looking forward to learning about her the most, as she was always a standout secondary character.  To me, anyway.

So Project Daedalus... I think we need to be more literal with the Red Angel.  Daedalus was Icarus' father, who made wings so both could escape their situation.  Icarus flew too close to the sun and died when the wax between the wings melted.  It seems to me the Red Angel is an offspring of whoever built those wings, as red can also signify death, like bleeding out.  Which tells me the Red Angel is fated to not survive.  Given Burnham is the lead, I sincerely doubt she is the Red Angel, as I have seen that theory often stated.

In this case, a thought occured to me... I am wondering if Airiam is the Red Angel.  Perhaps sometime in the future, her body is recovered and since her mind houses all that AI knowledge from the sphere, she could be considered a child of that AI.  Perhaps even the future DISCOVERY we saw in the SHORT TREK episode "CALYPSO" would be the one to find her, download that AI knowledge, and evolve itself into what we saw.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users