Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

SUPERNATURAL - S14, E15 - "PEACE OF MIND"...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

Sam and Castiel follow a case to a picturesque little town in Arkansas, only to find out nothing is as idyllic as it appears to be. Dean and Jack take a road trip to visit an old friend.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 15 March 2019 - 05:01 AM.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Another road trip!
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

This episode was chock full of great lines and moments.  Everyone had their share of them.

The mayor reminded me of the guy from season 8's "HUNTERI HEROICI", who had the ability to alter reality with his mind.  I didn't realize there were more of them around.  I wonder how many there are and if we will see a sort of community of them at some point.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 15 March 2019 - 06:00 AM.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Jack has definitely been damaged by everything that's happened to him, but it remains to be seen exactly how and what the consequences will be. Is his entire soul gone or just part of it?  And what does that mean?   Donatello has no soul and he's not evil-- just kind of sad. When Jack killed his pet, he demonstrated that he still has compassion, but seems to lack any empathy (of course, he would be considered a Millennial, based on his apparent age :lol:).  And it still seems to me that the Michael storyline was wrapped up too quickly, so I'm still considering the possibility that Michael is secretly possessing Jack or that he had Evil Grace that is corrupting Jack. But I still feel like we must see both Michael and Lucifer-- or at least Nick-- before season's end.

Overall, this was a good episode, with lots of Supernatural character humor.  I loved Dean awkwardly trying to be paternal and testing out Jack with the Angel and Devil snacks.  :lol:  And Sam and Cass partnered up in the 1950s town was hilarious.  Cass is not quite the naive bumpkin that he used to be, but he is still not the go-to guy for sensitive social situations-- and it seems like he has no Angel powers at all now for some reason.

And it looks like all the interdimensional Hunters are dead forever. I'm surprised that Jack did not have Archangel resurrection powers-- I wish they had at least mentioned it or addressed it somehow.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

It is possible that in that environment of bent reality, Castiel's powers were muted.

#6 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,007 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 16 March 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

It is possible that in that environment of bent reality, Castiel's powers were muted.

He must be.  At first I thought it was because he didn't drink the shake but....nope.

Am/was I supposed to know that Dean is scared of snakes?  Cause I didn't.  It was pretty funny. :D

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:04 AM

My memory may be off, but I can't recall a human who was killed by an angel or archangel ever being brought back. Maybe when an angel kills a human, it's a total death... the equivalent of dropping a nuke vs. throwing a knife.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 16 March 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

That's a good thought.

View PostM.E., on 16 March 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Am/was I supposed to know that Dean is scared of snakes?  Cause I didn't.  It was pretty funny. :D  
I think that was established a while ago.  I think it was in the episode where there was a tattooed musician named Mark Hutchins who had a bunch of snakes for pets.  Why do I remember that character?  Because my Brother is a tattooed musician named Mark Hutchins.  :D  He doesn't have any snakes, though.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 17 March 2019 - 04:04 AM, said:

My memory may be off, but I can't recall a human who was killed by an angel or archangel ever being brought back. Maybe when an angel kills a human, it's a total death... the equivalent of dropping a nuke vs. throwing a knife.  
That's very possible.  It would have been nice if they had dropped that into the dialogue, though, especially so soon after Lucifer had resurrected Maggie (I'm pretty sure it was Maggie).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users