NZ tragedy prez denies problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

Reality would seem to reflect that American and global white nationalist violence is on a sharp rise. The president disagrees, saying that white nationalists are just a small group, with some serious problems. He has also denied that his constant issuance of hate speech and invective describing immigrants and refugees as a threat to safety and security, as criminals, targets these people for violence from white hate groups. He answered that question by saying he thinks his words are very nice.

Asked about the slaughter of Muslim mosque-goers in New Zealand Trump said he didnít know that much about it yet, his usual refrain seeing as how he truly doesnít know much about anything. So maybe he didnít know that the racist white nationalist NZ killer praised Trump in his manifesto as an inspiring symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose while panning his policies and leadership competency. Iím sure Trump would not hear that on Fox during his Executive Time, but I found that mention of it was few and far between on MSNBC this morning, I donít know if CNN and other outlets trumpeted this racist killerís presidential praise today, but I didnít see it mentioned in my Washington Post evening edition either. America needs to hear this. Donít bother to show the manifesto, mainstream media, but I think itís newsworthy and important to report that despite what the president thinks, that crazy racist mass murderers are inspired by him.

Edited by yadda yadda, 15 March 2019 - 04:44 PM.

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

I recently heard Trump described as a stochastic terrorist...
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Isn't it about time that the white nationalist where clued into the fact that they are being used as pawns?

Most of us are pawns in one form or another but the hate groups are programmed to take action and start wars.
Start wars for whom?

The fact that the media is playing down Trump's roll in the event is just  more proof to forget main stream media and perhaps switch over to David Pakman?

He has a special talent of cutting to core of the subject matter as well as deciphering Trump's deceptions/avoidance of the question.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 21 March 2019 - 02:52 PM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

White nationalism is on the rise. Most hate groups are experiencing a surge in recruitment and visibility. I'm not laying the blame at Trump's feet but he certainly has had a hand in it. He has used kid gloves with these groups and hasn't denounced them the way previous Presidents have. he has used some of the same rhetoric that these groups use. He refers to anyone who is not a straight, white, Christian American as being lesser.

People are responsible for their actions so I don't want to blame Trump for what this murderer did. At the same time Obama and even Bush didn't have people praising them in manifestos or writing campaign slogans on them at their murder trials. Trump has created a climate where these groups and people can flourish and while he may not be responsible for their actions he is responsible for creating the climate we live in.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

A father of a Sandyhook victim and two victims of the Stoneman Douglas School shooting in Parkland have committed suicide in the last week. While unlikely, I've heard some comment that considering how much work that father, and the Parkland surivivors, have put into changing gun laws to see little to no effect, and then to see a similar tragedy in NZ but the country's leader saying within 24 hours that assault rifles will be banned, might have, on to of their trauma, added to their despair and hopelessness that might lead them to do that.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

Twunk denied white nationalism to be a problem because he's a white nationalist. He even said so himself. He called himself a nationalist, he's white, ergo he's a white nationalist.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:24 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 26 March 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Twunk denied white nationalism to be a problem because he's a white nationalist. He even said so himself. He called himself a nationalist, he's white, ergo he's a white nationalist.

Beat me to it
Can't Touch This!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users