• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

This was a great film.

For a flip on the whole origin story structure, the title character already has her abilities, but does not remember who she is.  However, in the course of a mission things happen and suddenly questions are raised ... so we're discovering her origins at the same time she is.

The film successfully synthesizes Marvel's Captain Marvel (as opposed to Fawcett/DC's Captain Marvel who must be called SHAZAM) history into something fresh, with some judicious editting, and drawing mostly from the stories where Carol Danvers first assumes the mantle of Captain Marvel, producing a truly engaging heroine who deserves to stand alongside the others.

I whole-heartedly recommend you catch it, as it is definitely one of the MCU's stronger entries.

My Final Rating:  Wow (Wow, OK, Eh, Sigh, Blech)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

I totally agree.   Great summary G-man  ;-)  This was a fun ride all the way through.

It also explains some origins regarding where certain things may have got their start or arrived on earth.   2nd extra explains one of those.

Also, after credits, there are 2 extras.  1 is shortly after end of film, and the other is the very end of the credits.

Watch the first extra, take a bathroom break and catch the final shot at the end.  

Oh, if you like cats  ;-),  You will love this movie   ;-)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users