#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:30 AM

Hello Folks

The Road So Far will soon find its end.

Jared Paladecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins have announced that the upcoming 15th season of "Supernatural" will be the last.

Here's the official message from the trio:

https://twitter.com/...190627634434049

Like the current 14th season, the final run will consist of 20 episodes.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 23 March 2019 - 04:31 AM.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:25 AM

I saw this yesterday.

I am very sad, but I am not complaining.  15 years is an incredible run by every measure.  They'll end up with 327 episodes... that's almost as much as the entire STARGATE tv franchise.  (SG1, SGA, and SGU had 354 episodes.)

What makes it so incredible is that Jensen and Jared did a lot of the heavy lifting... massive amount of night shoots, longer seasons than most shows (23 episodes for seasons 7-13), and with a rather small cast.  Compare that with other actors in ensemble shows with 7-10 cast members who get burned out after 5 years or so on a series.  Those guys are troopers.

I will miss them.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 23 March 2019 - 08:26 AM.

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

This is sad news. I haven't watched since about season 10 (or whatever season had the Darkness as a villain) but this seemed like a show that would go on forever. All things must end. Still it had a great run and at least it is getting a final season instead of just being cancelled.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

I had hoped it would go on for a lot longer, too-- maybe even morphing a bit with some cast changes. But there is still the chance of a spinoff or reunion movies or eventual revival.  Whatever conclusion the show comes to, I hope it's open ended enough to bring the boys back from time to time.

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:09 AM

Sure sure, they said that season 13 was going to be the last season.
They might just keep playing it out until they reach ep 616 or 666 since it is all Hollywood.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,942 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

The final season trailer has arrived:

Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users