• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

The fair at the Kingdom is underway, with all four communities coming together in celebration for the first time in years, while some pacts are renewed, other deals will come at a much steeper price.

Don't ruin the Faire, don't ruin the Faire, don't ruin the Faire......
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Well, I'm glad (?) I glanced at some spoiler sites because my DVR apparently chopped this off a good 15-20 minutes early, but it stopped at a commercial break, so I thought I'd have only missed a bit of a post-credits scene, not a major to-do.

Not sure I'm on board for another round of this sort of brutality thing on a large scale.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

^^  It was truly painful to watch.

Damn. I guess things were going too well in the Zombie Apocalypse. That certainly rivals anything Negan did, including clubbing Glen and Abraham to death, and certainly one of the most grisly scenes in a very long time.  The Whisperers have officially graduated from silly Trick-or-Treaters to a Savior-level threat.  

I can't believe that Enid and Tara are both dead. I'm really going to miss those two.  And the audience probably won't miss Henry much, but I think Alpha is going to regret killing him when Carol catches up to her.  And I can't help but wonder what the reaction of the Highwaymen will be to their leader's death-- will they blame the Kingdom or will their alliance be further cemented by revenge.

I loved the signing of the compact-- "John Hancock eat your heart out."  I'm glad it happened before the massacre.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostNiko, on 25 March 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Well, I'm glad (?) I glanced at some spoiler sites because my DVR apparently chopped this off a good 15-20 minutes early, but it stopped at a commercial break, so I thought I'd have only missed a bit of a post-credits scene, not a major to-do.

Not sure I'm on board for another round of this sort of brutality thing on a large scale.

Same thing happened to me.  When i watched the episode i recorded, and it ended oddly, it seemed it came to a proper cliff hanger conclusion.
However, Monday I watched the return of the Badlands, and lo and behold, there was another 25 minutes of WD at the front of Badlands.  

Wow, that final ending was brutal.

On the talk show after, they explained it was a scheduling mess up with AMC and that all subsequent repeats of the episode are around the 90 minute mark.

So, if you can catch any repeats before next week, you are good.  If not, they will show it as always just before the new ep each week.

Of all bits of an episode to get missed due to scheduling, this was a huge error.   It really chopped off what was in play and ruined the moment for me.

I am still glad I got lucky to watch it, but it was a day later and not quite the same.

And our groups of folks from each community, as well, are no longer going to be the same.   A lot of long time characters are no more.  ;-(

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:33 AM

I like how Siddiq was the one to tell the more hopeful story, of how the group banded together to defend each other.  I feel that it's another way of him honoring Carl.

I have a theory as to why the Whisperers picked those particular people to be killed.  Other than the men who came in to help but were killed, every single person that got beheaded was female.  And Henry, who was still an older kid, though in his case he is directly responsible for Lydia leaving the Whisperers, which put a target on his back in Alpha's eyes.  One would think that killing just women is a coward's move, and it is, but then it occured to me... Alpha thinks civilization is a long gone memory and has no place in the current zombie infested world.  Killing just women, you limit the ability for more people in those communities to be born.  Hard to keep a civilization going if there are fewer and fewer people to enjoy it.

I also loved how Daryl still always looks out for Carol... he kept himself in the way so she doesn't see Henry like that.  He knows how hard it was with Sophia, and he didn't want her to see her son like that.

Hilltop leadership seems to be a curse.  I wonder who will take the reigns over there now.

I'm going to miss those people, but the one I am most sad about is Tammy.  I really loved her and Earl together... their scenes were some of my favorites of the secondary cast.

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:29 AM

I think Alpha is going to regret killing him when Carol catches up to her
Yeah, now that I've seen the full ending instead, I think that's what's going to keep me coming back... Carol's revenge is going to be epic.

View Postzarkon, on 26 March 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

So, if you can catch any repeats before next week, you are good.  If not, they will show it as always just before the new ep each week.
Yeah, I've already obtained it through a more swashbuckling method.  (Which is pretty sad, really.  I had access to it right there on-demand through cable... but the way they lock the fast-forward ability to prevent skipping commercials would've meant leaving the tv running through the whole first hour again.  I almost wanted to send the networks a note with this as an example of how that policy just encouraged me to go to the "bad guys" instead.)

And our groups of folks from each community, as well, are no longer going to be the same.   A lot of long time characters are no more.  ;-(

Yeah, with losing Jesus and now Tara, Hilltop in particular took a big hit to their leadership.  Am I remembering right that Siddiq and the cute former-savior guy (and the blacksmith) are the only two regular cast members still alive who are based there?  With his speech, I guess that puts Siddiq next in line for leadership?

View PostFarscapeOne, on 26 March 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

I have a theory as to why the Whisperers picked those particular people to be killed.  Other than the men who came in to help but were killed, every single person that got beheaded was female.

Other than the two teens, I think there were somewhat more direct linkages?  Tammy was involved in the rescue of the baby that Alpha had 'decreed' needed to die, Tara is leader of Hilltop, the one community Alpha has direct reason to strike back against at that point (she didn't know about the compact between communities yet), Alpha took note of Enid teaching CPR at the fair, so I read that as a strike against the medical "infrastructure" somewhat (iffy one).  Not sure about the two teens... they probably fit what you're saying - a blow against the next generation and general demoralization.

Daryl's got some major plot armor going on at this point.  From what we see of Alpha's worldview, his actions in attacking her camp and rescuing Henry & Lydia should have been provocation to remove him from the board when she got ahold of him in this episode.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

^^  Maybe Beta called dibs on him.

I have a feeling that Daryl will be tapped to lead Hilltop now.

#8 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 26 March 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

^^  Maybe Beta called dibs on him.

I have a feeling that Daryl will be tapped to lead Hilltop now.

Oooooo... How clever of you, RJD.

That's probably exactly why!  They have been showing him to be more tolerant and he even offered to start a new group with the other 3.  They are also showing his mushy side a little more than usual. lolz

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Before the time jump, Rick wanted him to take over the Sanctuary and he wanted no part of it.  I think he'll have a different attitude now.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users