• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

*sigh* I waited a decade for this one. What a disappointment, right down there with the Ghost In The Shell movie, Avatar, Titanic, LOTR, and various other puke-fests.

The moral to the story is: Leave Anime to the Japanese, complete with the language and English subtitles only.

I'm so tired of United Statsian stoopid.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:13 AM

Sorry to hear it. As you said, leave anime to japan.
Can't Touch This!!

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Hunh.

I caught this movie after having seen the anime movie of the same name, and it struck me as a faithful adaptation that tossed in Motorball, and provided a perfectly acceptable origin for our heroine.  So, unlike Ghost In The Shell where they pretty much ditched the philosophical musings which underpinned the drama, and instead turned it into a search for identity, I feel that Alita did remain remarkably faithful to the source material.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 08 April 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users