• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ERNIE HUDSON ("GHOSTBUSTERS") GUEST STARS - After the Ninth Circle delivers a major setback for Team Arrow, Diggle (David Ramsey) reluctantly reaches out to a Four-Star General of the Defense Intelligence Agency (guest star Ernie Hudson) for help, despite unresolved tension from their past. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers a piece of information that he believes will turn Emiko (Sea Shimooka) against the Ninth Circle. Alena (guest star Kacey Rohl) returns with an interesting proposal for Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards).

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5lrK1cuUW

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:38 PM

I really hope that Alena won't go evil - I even think that maybe the showrunners are setting her up to take over for Felicity as the new Overwatch for Team Arrow once Emily Bett Rickards leaves. I certainly wouldn't mind, since Kacey Rohl is cute and a very talented actress who I'd like to see more frequently. Her recurring part on "The Magicians" is also rather small, unfortunately.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,866 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

It does seem as if Alena's going to be responsible for recreating Archer and leading to its Big Brother ubiquity in the future. Not necessarily out of evil, but out of good intentions gone awry. So she could perhaps be forgiven for that. Anyway, I'm just glad Felicity finally realized what a civil-rights nightmare her genetic-tracking system could be and gave up on it.

And these writers love their fanservice. For years, some fans have been wondering if (or wishing that) John Diggle might somehow turn out to be John Stewart, in a sort of Green Lantern/Green Arrow pairing. A few months back in Elseworlds, the Flash of Earth-90 recognized John and said "Where's your ring?", which sure sounded like a nod to the Green Lantern theory, implying that Diggle's Earth-90 doppelganger is John Stewart. And here we learn that Diggle's stepfather is named... General Stewart! So if he'd had a better relationship with his stepdad, he might even have taken his surname.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if the final episode of season 8 will show Diggle being chosen by a green alien ring. It'd be ironic if the guy who usually has the most trouble dealing with the weirdness of the Arrowverse ends up being an intergalactic space cop. Although hopefully the ring could cure his issues with motion sickness...
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

Diggle's problems with The Weird Stuff (and the fun David Ramsey has playing it) is mainly why people wanted him to end up as a Lantern.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,866 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

View PostCybersnark, on 24 April 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Diggle's problems with The Weird Stuff (and the fun David Ramsey has playing it) is mainly why people wanted him to end up as a Lantern.

I think it's more that he's an African-American military veteran named John who was partnered with Green Arrow, so there were a lot of parallels, at least with the DC Animated Universe's ex-Marine version of John Stewart. (Well, it was Hal Jordan who was partnered with Ollie in the iconic '70s run, but they're both Green Lanterns.) I think the desire in fandom for him to be John Stewart predated the introduction of The Weird Stuff into the Arrowverse.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users