• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Well, rats. A few mysterious magic penalties and the Vegas Golden Knights are out of the running.

I became a fan of the Golden Knights last year, after checking them out with some trepidation. I was expecting something cringeworthy, a la The MIghty Ducks, but was pleasantly surprised. The owners did everything right, and gave us an exciting new team to boot.

My friends hate to come to my place to watch a game because I watch with the sound off. I can't abide "colour commentators", aka bloviating salesman in cheap suits.

They ruin the ambience of the game, for one thing. I miss the days of one commentator, when you got a feel for the fans and their various arenas. Some of these new teams have fans that are relatively new to the game, and you can't get a feel for their excitement or their newness.

Anyway, I got tired of saying, "Would you shut the *bleep* up?!" to the tv, and simply kept the sound turned off. Problem solved.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vegas, golden knights, vegas golden knights, new hocky teams

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users