Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 5 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 6 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 8 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 4-13, pic - 11 - 1500 px.jpg

MONDAY, APRIL 29

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
"Egg MacGuffin" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

IT'S NOT WHAT IT SEEMS - While Ray (Brandon Routh) is worried about Nora (Courtney Ford), he is suddenly faced with his own problem that forces him to do the unthinkable. Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) are stuck in an awkward limbo, so Sara (Caity Lotz) devises a plan to send them on an easy mission together. Meanwhile, Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) are approached with a lucrative offer that could upend their lives.

Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan and Ramona Young also stars. Chris Tammaro directed the episode written by James Eagan & Tyron B. Carter (#413). Original airdate 4/29/2019.

Read more: Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5mguMKAd3

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

Well, this was a busy episode, and with a theme. I love the Adventurer's Club-- nice classic, concept that would make for a nice spinoff, except the CW audience probably couldn't deal with it. Then we had the Big Bald Guy go to the Romance Convention with the Shape-Shifter (who didn't shift shapes-- I thought she was going to turn herself into an old lady or something), only to be eventually outed by Mona. You'd think Mona would kinda realize that there was a reason for the ruse and go along with it, but no. However, Baldy seemed to be well received by the Romanticon nerds. Then we had the Book Club, where the only person who read the book was the one who was there against her will. And, of course, we had Ray's continuing struggle with demonic possession.  The theme that ran through at least three of these plotlines was doormats, which ultimately led to Gary being possessed by the return of his nipple, which looked like it had visited the Evil Dead universe.  And then Ray had to surrender to the demon to save the other guy's life, which means that we've got two characters possessed and/or seduced by the dark side.  Sigh. This show is too much fun to go all dark and gritty, so I hope that it all wraps up soon, with everybody intact, plus or minus a nipple.  Oh, and almost as an afterthought, the Adventurer's Club adventure-- which was a nice homage to Indy, right down to the "does it hurt here" scene-- left our people in possession of a dragon's egg.  If it's not one thing, it's another.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

^Even when this show goes dark and gritty it still embraces the fun and zany. I mean, Gary gets possessed by his nipple that went to Hell. How many other shows would have that as a plot?

Speaking of, while I hate to see Gary go all dark side, the show set it up quite well. Gary has been treated as a door mat by pretty much everyone for the past two seasons. All he wants is the approval of the Legends and he never really gets it. Heck, Mona shows up and is almost immediately embraced by the Legends and gets to go on their adventures while Gary is left out. I do hope Gary is able to return to the lovable nerd we all know.

I wish this episode has spent more time on the Adventure Club plot because that was a lot of fun. I'd love Legends to do an entire episode dedicated to an Indiana Jones homage.

I'm not really feeling the Nate/Zari romance. It feels shoe horned in and makes it seem like the writers don't know what to do with Nate if he's not in a relationship of some kind.

Ray surrendering to Neron was sad but inevitable once Nate was put in peril. Ray would never do anything to hurt his best friend. I do wonder if the deal they made, with Neron promising not to hurt Nate, might come back to bite him on the butt.

The romance con was fun and I liked that Mick got the attention and praise he deserved for writing those books.

The Legends with a dragon. That should be a lot of fun.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 12 May 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

I do hope Gary is able to return to the lovable nerd we all know.  
And that the Legends learn their lesson and treat him better in the future.

I wish this episode has spent more time on the Adventure Club plot because that was a lot of fun. I'd love Legends to do an entire episode dedicated to an Indiana Jones homage.  
I'd love to see more Adventure Club.  That's just the sort of Pulp thing that I love.

The Legends with a dragon. That should be a lot of fun.
Hmmm, I wonder....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users