Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

Hang on to your hats, True Believers, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD returns for Season 6 at a new time!!!

Last season, the team leaped forward in time to a dystopian future they soon realized must be prevented. While facing multiple timelines and new enemies from faraway planets, they found family, friends, teammates and the courage to pull off their biggest challenge yet.

Their next challenge? Coming to grips with the knowledge that bending the laws of space and time may have saved the planet, but it couldn't save Fitz or Coulson.

Here’s a sneak peek:

Remember to tune into ABC tonight at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central, to see what happens next!!!

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 10 May 2019 - 11:26 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,876 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

A new time? Didn't they do that last season? :D
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,538 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

Don't yield!  Back SHIELD!  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

My goodness, how I had missed these folk.

So, the Search for Fitz continue, leaving quite a hole in the science side of SHIELD back on Earth.  Still strange things are happening, and SHIELD is striving to get ahead of it, leading to them having to deal with invaders from another (the 8th?) dimension.

Wow.

OK.

I'm glad that while our gang haven't found him, we've been given a glimpse of Fitz's fate.

Still, space seems awfully crowded that there can be such a casual meet up between two vessels, especially if one was hiding.  Then also, I'm wondering why Enoch didn't simply keep Fitz within the Solar system, as opposed to moving him to Interstellar Space.

Then also, it seems that Simmons is determined to pull off the impossible, as Fitz twice performed to reunite with her.  I can't really blame her, considering, but I hope her gamble pays off next week.  Meanwhile, the rest of Team Quake are trapped in her quest's slipstream onboard an increasingly weary Zephyr.

Oh, and I loved that it only took two words, "Deep Space," to bring the new guy on board.  Someone please verify, was he Andrew's (May's husband's) mentor, or associate?

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this episode, and am definitely looking forward to next week.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 12 May 2019 - 08:17 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

View PostG-man, on 12 May 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

Still, space seems awfully crowded that there can be such a casual meet up between two vessels, especially if one was hiding.

Which is why Daisy and Jemma accused that Cardassian-looking guy of tipping off the attackers to the ship's location. They don't believe it was a coincidence.

Then also, I'm wondering why Enoch didn't simply keep Fitz within the Solar system, as opposed to moving him to Interstellar Space.

They said last season that it was hidden near Jupiter. That does seem to have been retconned.

Oh, and I loved that it only took two words, "Deep Space," to bring the new guy on board.  Someone please verify, was he Andrew's (May's husband's) mentor, or associate?

The MCU Wiki lists them as "Colleague and Friend" relative to each other.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,538 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

And SHIELD is back. A year has passed and things have changed quite a bit. SHIELD has expanded, and continues to expand, and seems to have quite an impressive, and public, presence in the world.  Not only that, but they've got a team that's been searching deep space for Fitz for the better part of a year. I wonder if their expansion plans include building up more of a space force.  One thing it does include is a new SHIELD Academy, and a new character, May's old teacher, has been recruited to set that up.

Mack has taken over the directorship of SHIELD from Coulson-- there's no indication that Fury has had any involvement along the way-- and has become a bit isolated as a result. From all appearances, he is doing a great job, but his personal life has suffered, despite his quiet times with his favorite bar, his church, and his Emergency Coulson Hologram.  His relationship with YoYo is long over, sadly, and she has taken up with another SHIELD operative, who looked very familiar.  It drove me crazy for about half the episode before I finally realized that he's the guy who was on Haven . Hopefully he'll be a regular and not die for having a relationship with a main character.

So, while Daisy and Simmons and Piper and the other guy are out in space looking for FItz, Earthbound SHIELD is dealing with what looks like incursions from another dimension.  Like all hostile beings from other dimensions, these have poor grooming habits, bad taste in clothes, and big weapons.  Oh, and their boss is a guy named Sarge who is a dead ringer for the late great Phil Coulson-- a Mirror Universe version of a guy who is apparently really and truly dead in our world (unless May is hiding something, and I wouldn't put it past her).

And we do get a little glimpse of Fitz right at the end, who is out in uncharted regions of space and apparently has become either a cyborg or a space-drug addict or both.  So the questions we're left with after the first episode of this too short a season are:  Who are these interdimensional interlopers and what do they want with our world, and why can't poor Fitz catch a break for once in his life?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

This was something of a downer of an episode for me.  I guess they have to jump right into things, given the short season and telling stories in two entirely different settings (so far), but between the somberness of Coulson being gone, and Simmons forcing the other three to her agenda right out of the gate, and the kinda disappointing sense that Yoyo feels a need to hide her new relationship from Mac... kinda depressing all the way around.  (And yeah, Fitz's situation looks like he's gotten dumped on again by fate, too.)

I like how they built up Piper-and-other-guy last season, so I'm pleased that they've introduced a few new folks in that vein back at the Earth base.  No sign of Deke so far.  Interesting that he's presumably stayed back on Earth, considering that Simmons and Daisy were the two people he had the most connection with last season.

(Is it just me, or does Chloe Bennet look like she's had work done.  I'm not sure if it's just a lot of weight loss or different makeup or what, but she looked distractingly different to me... )
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,538 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostNiko, on 12 May 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

This was something of a downer of an episode for me.  I guess they have to jump right into things, given the short season and telling stories in two entirely different settings (so far), but between the somberness of Coulson being gone, and Simmons forcing the other three to her agenda right out of the gate, and the kinda disappointing sense that Yoyo feels a need to hide her new relationship from Mac... kinda depressing all the way around.  (And yeah, Fitz's situation looks like he's gotten dumped on again by fate, too.)  
Yeah, things are starting off in kind of a bad place, or a bunch of bad places (and I wish there had been some kind of memorial or something for Coulson). But hopefully the story will move everybody into a better place by season's end or sooner-- maybe even give us the real Coulson back.

No sign of Deke so far.  
I meant to mention that.  I think I'm one of the few people who actually like him.

(Is it just me, or does Chloe Bennet look like she's had work done.  I'm not sure if it's just a lot of weight loss or different makeup or what, but she looked distractingly different to me... )  
She's gone blonde.  :D

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostNiko, on 12 May 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

I think it's just the hair and makeup. I do wonder how Daisy manages to maintain such a glamorous look if she's been cooped up in the Zephyr for months. Was Davis or Piper a professional stylist before joining SHIELD? And you'd think that if she's trying to build a scary interstellar reputation for Quake, she'd want to adopt a tougher look.

Facebook Author Page

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,538 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

Shouldn't we have an episode 2 thread by now? :angel:

#11 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

Yes ... I got distracted.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,538 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Distracted from SHIELD?  :o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users