5 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Looks like we have a trailer for the Star Trek:  Picard series already:

It does look good, but I'm having a hard time with it being connected to JJ Trek.  I guess the one saving grace so far is that it really seems to be the opposite of JJ Trek.  Whereas in JJ Trek, the characters were all heartless automatons that shrugged off the destruction of Vulcan with a wink and a smile, here we have a real human being who was devastated by the destruction of an inhabited world.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 23 May 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

It does look good, but I'm having a hard time with it being connected to JJ Trek.

Trek is Trek. It has its ups and downs. Some parts work better than others. But it's all one conceptual whole, and even the less successful parts can spawn good stories. For instance, I despise "Miri" and its stupid, random Earth-duplicate planet that's never explained, but when I was writing DTI: Forgotten History, I realized I could use "Miri"'s concepts to generate the alternate-reality story I wanted to tell. Analogously, look at the good work that Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Rebels did with characters and ideas that were handled much worse in the prequel trilogy, e.g. actually giving Darth Maul a personality. If you put up impassable walls between the parts of a franchise, you reject the possibility that a weak part can be redeemed.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

Amazon Original?   Isn't this a CBS All Access title?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

View PostNiko, on 23 May 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

"Star Trek on CBS All Access"
According to the man himself https://www.facebook...patrickstewart/
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

View PostNiko, on 23 May 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

Yes, in the US, and on the Crave network in Canada. But internationally it's on Amazon Prime.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

It'll also be airing on Space in Canada, like a real TV show.

;)
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users