Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

Yo-Yo and Keller take things public; parasitic aliens threaten the human race; and someone really needs boba.

Is this the end of Fitz-Simmons' grandson?

Why does Coulson have it in for the grandson, given that he’s been going around destroying time lines?

Tune in tonight to ABC, True Believers, at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 31 May 2019 - 09:06 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

Pseudo-Coulson is after Fuzzy Wuzzy!  Fuzzy Wuzzy is a temporal anomaly!  Well, he's a regular now, so I don't have to worry that he'll be killed.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

I know they didn't really get into it beyond a line or so, but weren't the hunters last week after Fitz for timeline-related "crimes", or am I just assuming that because the whole "chronocon" thing implies that they're time-related?   Funny for Sarge's team (who seem fairly not-chronocon-related in their methods) to be in parallel with last-week's hunters like that, if so...
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Oh, my ... :eek3:

So "Sarge" is tracking down the ... winged-quartz-fungus-zombifiers ... possibly some fungus from outerspace (a la Lovecraft) that can travel across dimensions.  So, does that mean Deke (aka Fuzzy-Wuzzy) -- who really is "the worst" -- is infected/a carrier?

Still, I was amused by Deke's response when Mack witnessed that Daisy Fantasy of his.

So, I am guessing that when the quartz erupts from the host, should the shatter the shards become the winged spore.  Still, this episode reveals just how much of a brain drain SHIELD has suffered in the absence of Fitz-Simmons.  And, poor Yo-yo, of course it would be her who would need to make the sacrifice :(

Finally, I loved the instagram wrap up of the episode.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostG-man, on 01 June 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

So "Sarge" is tracking down the ... winged-quartz-fungus-zombifiers ... possibly some fungus from outerspace (a la Lovecraft) that can travel across dimensions.  So, does that mean Deke (aka Fuzzy-Wuzzy) -- who really is "the worst" -- is infected/a carrier?

I suspect that they're tracking the bird-bat-beasties by their extradimensional signatures, and since Deke is not native to this time or timeline, he's reading as a similar kind of anomaly, so it's a false positive. I previously thought they had the same goal as the Chronicom hunters, but now I don't think so. It always seemed unlikely, since they pretty clearly came across dimensions while the Chronicoms are native to this reality and time.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:39 PM

View PostChristopher, on 01 June 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostG-man, on 01 June 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

I suspect that they're tracking the bird-bat-beasties by their extradimensional signatures, and since Deke is not native to this time or timeline, he's reading as a similar kind of anomaly, so it's a false positive. I previously thought they had the same goal as the Chronicom hunters, but now I don't think so. It always seemed unlikely, since they pretty clearly came across dimensions while the Chronicoms are native to this reality and time.

There was this exchange, between tech guy and Sarge/Mirror Coulson, discussing Deke's readings on their scanner:

- Tracker says he's not from this world, but his signature's different from the others.
- That's strange.

Read more: https://www.springfi...&episode=s06e04

So clearly they were looking for the bat-fungus-stuff, and were not expecting a different kind of anomaly.  But they can definitely tell he is different than the bat-fungus readings.

SFG

Edited for clarity

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 June 2019 - 05:46 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, Fuzzy Guy is finally back, and using his future survival skills to thrive in the world of big business.  It's kind of weird that he's had no contact with SHIELD for a year, and that they let his little startup get so far, even though they've had an undercover agent palling around with him.  But I guess they've been busy.  And while he's still the same boy he used to be, it's notable that he went unarmed into the danger zone to rescue his annoying Millennial girlfriend.  Her little adventure video on Instagram, or whatever, cracked me up.  That brush with death really made her think deep thoughts.  :lol:

But it's interesting that he's a target of Mirror Coulson and his Biker Gang. That one guy they killed had an alien bird bat living in his chest, so does that mean he's got one, too, or are they just misreading his origin in an alternate timeline?  In any case, it looks like that alien parasite is what we saw flocking up that alternate dimension on the video.  But there were also those weird crystalline structures, so is the threat an invasive species or some kind of nano plague?  Or both? And what exactly is Mirror Coulson's involvement?

Looks like YoYo's boyfriend should have stayed in Haven-- he should have known that few survive a romance with a main cast member.  It's a shame, because I like that guy, but it does clear the way for Mack and YoYo to hopefully get back together.  Poor YoYo deserves a break.

The new professor character is working out quite well, I think.  His grumpiness is amusing, and he's fascinated by everything in spite of himself.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 02 June 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

But it's interesting that he's a target of Mirror Coulson and his Biker Gang. That one guy they killed had an alien bird bat living in his chest, so does that mean he's got one, too, or are they just misreading his origin in an alternate timeline?

See my post above yours, I've edited to clarify it a bit.  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

Okay, right, different from the other bat-infested people.  So he's got no bat, that's good.  Now I wonder why Sarge even cares about him and made him a target.

#10 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 02 June 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Okay, right, different from the other bat-infested people.  So he's got no bat, that's good.  Now I wonder why Sarge even cares about him and made him a target.

Just because he has a different signature doesn't mean they know why he has a different signature. We know where he came from, but they don't. For all they know, he's just got a slightly different variety of crystal zombie bat-bird thingy inside him.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#11 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:19 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 02 June 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

It's kind of weird that he's had no contact with SHIELD for a year, and that they let his little startup get so far, even though they've had an undercover agent palling around with him.  But I guess they've been busy.
Mack seemed to know what Deke was working on, just not how far along it had gotten.

It seems that Khan (the undercover agent) either wasn't fully reporting on Deke's activities, or Mack wasn't actually reading said reports. I'm guessing the former --which makes sense given that Khan wasn't involved in the future arc and may not have a full grasp of the significance of the tech Deke is working on.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#12 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Conversely, given how much he had to deal with when he took over SHIELD, Mack may not have read the reports.

At best, Mack might’ve skimmed what had been reported, but had relegated Deke to the “Mostly Harmless” category and relied on the Agent on site to make the call should anything really serious develop.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

I think Khan was enjoying his undercover assignment too much.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users