Real Reason Trump ordered a new tariff on Mexican products

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 3C273

3C273
  • Islander
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

Canadian economists say that Trump knows the tariff will slow down the US economy and that is exactly what he want to do, because a slower economy will force the Fed to lower interest rates, he hopes, since he has millions in outstanding debt and wants to reduce the amount of interest he pays.  Interesting that US news media aren't discussing this.

#2 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

You watching 22 Minutes for your news? :D
If history has any bearing Trump will just section 11 his debts and play shuffle the bucks again.
He knows there is next to no gold backing most of the currency the banks loan out. They only need 10% of what they loan so it's primarily a game of invisible money changing hands.

He is never going to be able to built that wall if he puts a tariff on Canadian Steel.
It's a foolish move if your right, it will mean he is totally incapable of living up to his promises, but since when has that ever stopped him?
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#3 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:27 AM

Everything the idiot in chief does is to help himself at our expense, so yeah, I can see him doing this for his own profit.

The title of this thread feels like a question, and I have the answer. No really, I do. :D

So, the title is:

"Real Reason Trump ordered a new tariff on Mexican products"

And my answer is:

Because he is an idiot. It's pretty much the answer every time.

But seriously, he is. He hurt the farmers with his trade war, but what does he care? Just spend billions of our tax dollars to make up for that idiocy. It'll be fine.
He is the idiot that ordered a strike against Iran, then practically gave himself a medal for calling it off to save the 150 lives the strike would have taken. (One life was too many for an unmanned drone, but what do I know?) And now the idiot in chief says the media got it wrong, he never called it "back", just stopped it for now. (Wha-a-at?)

So, the answer to any question about the idiot in chief is: He is an idiot.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users