• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Here we go again- yet another attempt to make a serious documentary about UFOs.

The problem, especially with the History Channel, is the ongoing tendency for the "facts" to unravel. Already two people on the show have been outed as fakes.

I treat all UFO material as the purview of kooks, charlatans hoping for attention and a quick buck, mentally-ill true believers, and the usual gaggle of wack-jobs.

Like religion, it's all talk, no evidence.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,581 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

In fairness, I think the problem is that people constantly conflate UFO’s with contact with extraterrestrials.  Then also, false claims, hoaxes, and deliberate cover-ups/dismissals tend to further obscure the issues.

OTOH, if one focuses solely on sightings of flying objects that have yet to be identified, then one will discover that there is a body of evidence available to draw from where even the USAF conceded instances where they concluded that the item was beyond their ability to identify.

Admittedly, trying to produce a program that catalogs such sightings, yet provides no answers as to what they were, would probably prove uninteresting to the general viewer.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 19 June 2019 - 12:26 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

I'm afraid I have to disagree. None of the "sightings" constitutes what you can rightly refer to as being "evidence".

All sightings have one thing in common- a complete lack of knowing, which in itself nullifies any claim of it being "evidence".

I've studied all the "evidence" until my glazzies turned red. All look to me to be technical malfunctions of one sort or another.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users