Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Time As A Local Phenomenon

time studying time time is flexible the science of time the science of studying time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

. . . so a bunch of me old classmates 'n' me decided to get together to address a few lingering questions from our youth as young science students, first and foremost seeking answers to questions regarding time as a local phenomenon.

We realised right away that only analogue clocks would do, because analogue clocks are affected by factors such as the Earth's rotation, gravity (which is variable when you measure it exactingly, by specific location), etc.

What we wanted to know was: If one synchonises analogue clocks the world over, are there measurable patterns as they go gradually out of sync.

Someone else probably performed this experiment many times, in many places, over the years, but as we're doing this for our own amusement, the doings of others don't count.

Gentlemen, start your stopwatches . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,806 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

It's variable locally, too.  My weekends fly by way too fast.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

We done discovered something!

We need better clocks . . .

#4 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:09 AM

After having my electric analog clock run backwards while parked between a CRT monitor and an older computer. I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say, that one would have to calculate in the amount of magnetism affecting the area of each clock to come up with an accurate conclusion.
Gravity would also factor in since it is said that there are parts of the planet that have more pull then others.
The hands do move visibly slower when approaching the 12.

You are speaking primarily of the 3 dimensions? If you want to toss the 4th into the mix Big Blue's mother board would probably fry.
A quantum computer might start adding a 2 or negative zero into the readout? :D
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

I personally don't subscribe to the notions of Time and 3 Dimensions. Like so many Human things, they smack of anthropomorphism.

It's the same when it come to space aliens They're all anthropomorphic.

3 Dimensional theory is used simply because it works for us. We're simply not smart enough for something better.

We're a very long way from actual intelligence, which would include absolute knowledge, part of which would require eidetic memory. This would mean brains developed past the point of being compartmentalised.

Edited by gsmonks, 29 August 2019 - 04:00 PM.

#6 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

Absolute knowledge can be obtained. Not saying I have it but I am on the road to cluing in.

Understanding the 4th dimension to it's mechanics I can fathom, seeing it I have yet to achieve.
Can't say I want to see what's on the other sides of the bubble.
Have you read or seen a video on Skin Walker Ranch?

It's a porthole through the bubble. Check it out.
Evidence points to a rash of teenagers from the other side looking for attention.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: time, studying time, time is flexible, the science of time, the science of studying time

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users