Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Time As A Local Phenomenon

time studying time time is flexible the science of time the science of studying time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

. . . so a bunch of me old classmates 'n' me decided to get together to address a few lingering questions from our youth as young science students, first and foremost seeking answers to questions regarding time as a local phenomenon.

We realised right away that only analogue clocks would do, because analogue clocks are affected by factors such as the Earth's rotation, gravity (which is variable when you measure it exactingly, by specific location), etc.

What we wanted to know was: If one synchonises analogue clocks the world over, are there measurable patterns as they go gradually out of sync.

Someone else probably performed this experiment many times, in many places, over the years, but as we're doing this for our own amusement, the doings of others don't count.

Gentlemen, start your stopwatches . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

It's variable locally, too.  My weekends fly by way too fast.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

We done discovered something!

We need better clocks . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: time, studying time, time is flexible, the science of time, the science of studying time

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users